What's new

Best audio plugin?

Dragan

I've been using Jabo's DirectSound 1.6. But I'm noticing in a lot of games (Ogre Battle 64, Pokemon Stadium 2, and Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon) that I try to play, the sound skips. The graphics look perfect and run very smoothly, but the sound - It's like trying to listen to a skipping CD. And it makes my ears hurt after awhile. >_> Are there any better audio plugins available?

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Try Syncing game to audio and disabling the speed limit via System Menu->limit fps (uncheck hide advanced options in options menu->settings... options tab first).

This worked for me when I was playing goldeneye, worth a shot.. anyway.

OP
D

Dragan

That helped quite a bit - Didn't make it go away, but at least now I can tell there's actually music in the games and it isn't just a collection of random electronic noises. >_>

One more n00b question though. In the Game FAQ for Ogre Battle 64, it says that in order to fix the problem with text being hard to read, that I should 'not force filtering for this game.' I have no idea what that means, and no option in the graphics plugin settings that even looks like it. What do I do? 0_o

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Dragan said:
That helped quite a bit - Didn't make it go away, but at least now I can tell there's actually music in the games and it isn't just a collection of random electronic noises. >_>

One more n00b question though. In the Game FAQ for Ogre Battle 64, it says that in order to fix the problem with text being hard to read, that I should 'not force filtering for this game.' I have no idea what that means, and no option in the graphics plugin settings that even looks like it. What do I do? 0_o
I believe it is refering to this: