What's new

Graphics Error?

Bacta

pseudo-***erator
I'm a newb, please be patient with me!
I was playing Zelda:OoT the other day and I got this message:
attachment.php

Since everything looked fine, I just kept playing. Boy was that a bad idea! A few mins later I got this message:
attachment.php

..and the "technical" stuff:
attachment.php

Now I can't keep it open for more than about 2 minutes (which makes beating the Water Temple a challenge!) The same thing happens in Mario Kart, although I can usually get a few races in before that happens.

Um... My Plugins:
Vido: Jabo's Direct3D8 1.6
Audio: Jabo's DirectSound 1.6
Input: N-Rage's Direct-Input8 V2 1.83 (I have a Logitech Dual Action Controller if that makes any difference, I couldn't get it to work with Jabo's default plugin)

My Computer: (I'm not exactly sure what you all need to/would like to know- it's a standard Dell Dimension 2400)
XP Pro
Pentium 4 - 2.80 GHz
512 MB RAM
Intel 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller (I just updated it yesterday, still get the error message)
SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio
Unimodem Half-Duplex Audio Device
(if those last 2 aren't really audio/video, I'm really sorry, I'm not exactly sure where to look for them I went My Comp-> Properties-> Hardware-> Device Manager- does that sound right?)

I tried using a different video plugin but the screen rate dropped drastically :( and I got sick of trying to play (no errors popped up though). I also tried re-installing it but that didn't do anything either.

Got any ideas?
Thanks!!

/sorry, I don't think I did the pictures correctly!

Jabo

Emulator Developer
I think the standard way of diagnosing these types of problems is to look in Project64's folder for a directory called "logs" it might contain some errors worth posting here

Other than that your graphics card is probably better off using my Direct3D6 1.5.2 plugin available in the settings dialog

And what problem(s) did you have with the input plugin?

OP
B

Bacta

pseudo-***erator
Thanks, I'll try to find the logs...
I did try your Direct3D6 1.5.2 plugin but it gave me screen rates of about 30 :(
The input plugin couldn't locate my controller, even though I installed all the software and updated it at Logitech's website.
(sorry, my computer is having internet issues so i can't upload what I found... I found a .txt document that is full of stuff like this:
[3:20:06 PM 24/4/2005] Direct3D is almost out of texture space
they all say the same thing, only the date/time change- is that the log you were talking about? or should I keep looking?)

OP
B

Bacta

pseudo-***erator
I just played it again to make it close- this is the file it made- is this the right one?

OP
B

Bacta

pseudo-***erator
I'm at 5 mins of play-time on your Direct3D6 1.5.2 plugin and no error messages yet!! it still lags a bit, but i can usually get my screen rate to stay around 50. I'm not sure why it's going faster now. I'm also not sure why I could use your Direct3D8 1.6 plugin in with out problems for about a week- do you have any ideas as to why it would stop working now?
thank you for all your help!

/can't get a screen rate over 30 to save my life! is there any way to change that? (I'm playing Mario Kart, but Zelda:OoT was slow too)

Last edited: