What's new

Rice video driving me nuts, 007 + Perfect Dark, detailed info inside

ShadowWulf

Ok heres the deal. im using Rice Video 6.1.0, and the newest Nemu64

System Specs : 3.6 GHz P4 W/HT, 512 DDR ram, dual RAID 0 250 GB HD's, newest Omega Catalyst Drivers (based on 5.2) on a Radeon 9800 PRO 128 MB
SB Audigy 2 fully Updated (AA and AF are set to OFF for troubleshooting purposes, as are Fastwrites)
Windows XP SP2 fully updated, NOTHING running in backgroud EVER when i play games (no antivirus, no nothing)

System works 100% fine for everything else, but yea i know emulators are a tricky business.

When i use RICE video in either Goldeneye or Perfect Dark and play in WINDOWED mode only, its works perfectly, 60 FSP all the time, no slowdowns sky displays perfectly etc etc. Im using DX mode btw.

Now, in fullscreen mode it still looks great, until i try to move. The game gets a flicker effect going on, where it seems its drawing textures as character or objects move yet not removing the older image for 2 or so seconds. This needless to say makes it impossible to play. (and diffucult to capture a screenshot also, but ill try if someone needs it.) This ONLY happens in these 2 games btw, and only in fullscreen mode. The FPS stays at about 60 FPS also while its doing this oddly enough though...

What ive tried so far: Had older Omega drivers, upgraded, didnt fix it, used official Catalyst 5.2 and 5.3, also no change. (yes, i properly removed old drivers etc etc). I tired the new BETA Rice plugin, same effect. Changed resolution from 1024 to 640 and to 860 and up to 1200 yet same thing. Turned AA/AF on/off in varing degrees. Refresh rate changed from 60 to 80 and everything in between, no change. Color quality at 32 and 16, same effect. I also tried Write back and Reload settings and Basic render to texture i saw mentioned in another thread, yet had the same effect. Combiner Type has been left to befault setting.

Ok, sorry for a long post, but i figured the more info i provided the better able someone would be able to help me out with this. Its driving me nuts. I love the Rice plugin, but just the problems with these 2 games is driving me batty. If im missing any info let me know, and ill update.

As always, thanks ahead of time for any help anybody can render unto me :party:

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
ShadowWulf said:
Ok heres the deal. im using Rice Video 6.1.0, and the newest Nemu64

System Specs : 3.6 GHz P4 W/HT, 512 DDR ram, dual RAID 0 250 GB HD's, newest Omega Catalyst Drivers (based on 5.2) on a Radeon 9800 PRO 128 MB
SB Audigy 2 fully Updated (AA and AF are set to OFF for troubleshooting purposes, as are Fastwrites)
Windows XP SP2 fully updated, NOTHING running in backgroud EVER when i play games (no antivirus, no nothing)

System works 100% fine for everything else, but yea i know emulators are a tricky business.

When i use RICE video in either Goldeneye or Perfect Dark and play in WINDOWED mode only, its works perfectly, 60 FSP all the time, no slowdowns sky displays perfectly etc etc. Im using DX mode btw.

Now, in fullscreen mode it still looks great, until i try to move. The game gets a flicker effect going on, where it seems its drawing textures as character or objects move yet not removing the older image for 2 or so seconds.

Check "Use Legacy Pixel Pipeline" (or similar).

There's an issue with the non-legacy pixel pipeline causing blinking with the gun and the gun going through the wall when standing near a wall (depth problem).

OP
S

ShadowWulf

I just went through ervery pull down and check menu in the plugin and i cant find anything related to Legacy anything at all....

Is it somthring that can be only set when the game is running?

Clements

I can't get Goldeneye/Perfect Dark to work at all with Nemu64, so you're doing better than me.

I think RJARRRPCGP is probably confusing Jabo's D3D8 with Rice's.

OP
S

ShadowWulf

It runs, albiet poorly.
Im switching over to PJ64 for these 2 games, though the core problem remains no matter what emulator i use. maybe this thread could be moved to the PJ64 forum since i notice theres alot more people posting there?

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Clements said:
I can't get Goldeneye/Perfect Dark to work at all with Nemu64, so you're doing better than me.

I think RJARRRPCGP is probably confusing Jabo's D3D8 with Rice's.

I thought you were talking about Jabo's D3D 8.