DBL LGHT SBR GUARDIANS
What are the best v1.6 pluggins for :
-graphic
-sound
-controls
-RSP

Thanks in advance

RadeonUser

Its a bit too simple though and computers are anything but simple.

In general it is a good idea to stick to defaults since that is what PJ64 was tested on. However we are not able to test all the hardware out there due to limited funds and time (this is not a request for 'donations', please dont take it the wrong way) So if you have a computer setup similar to ours then you should be getting the best experience.

However... There are some games that arent properly emulated or dont play nice at all with certain games or computer configurations. That is why other plugins are packaged with PJ64 1.6 There is Jabo's D3D6 and D3D8 plugin with D3D8 being the "best" choice if your computer can handle it. N-Rage's fine controller plugin is packaged with PJ64 for example. It is one of the best plugins out there for rumble and supports a wide range of devices.

So what is the best? Sorry, only you can answer that with your own testing.

For reference PJ64 1.6 was tested thoroughly on both D3D6 and D3D8 video plugins on Radeon 8500 and higher with some slight testing on a Geforce 2 using release 40 drivers and a Geforce FX 5200 using release 50 drivers. The video plugin gave very good results on each of these with the Geforce 2 giving the "worst" experience due to lack of pixel shader support.

As for the controller plugin I honestly usually stick to Jabo's but when I want rumble I'll use N-Rages for my pad.

Sound is the same, I stick to Jabo's unless there is something seriously funky going on.

The RSP... well there arent many options. The current RSP should be good enough but from what I recall Azimer did some work on it before. I'm not sure if what he did carried onto the current RSP... (it is 2 am here and it is hard to concentrate on this right now).

So, just to say it again its on a computer to computer basis. :) Only you through testing can find out what is the best for you and remember just because its shipped with PJ64 doesnt mean its your only option. Sometimes a certain plugin will do a MUCH better job than the standard one at a certain game and its worth the switch for that one game.

OP
furio

furio

DBL LGHT SBR GUARDIANS
RadeonUser said:
Its a bit too simple though and computers are anything but simple.

In general it is a good idea to stick to defaults since that is what PJ64 was tested on. However we are not able to test all the hardware out there due to limited funds and time (this is not a request for 'donations', please dont take it the wrong way) So if you have a computer setup similar to ours then you should be getting the best experience.

However... There are some games that arent properly emulated or dont play nice at all with certain games or computer configurations. That is why other plugins are packaged with PJ64 1.6 There is Jabo's D3D6 and D3D8 plugin with D3D8 being the "best" choice if your computer can handle it. N-Rage's fine controller plugin is packaged with PJ64 for example. It is one of the best plugins out there for rumble and supports a wide range of devices.

So what is the best? Sorry, only you can answer that with your own testing.

For reference PJ64 1.6 was tested thoroughly on both D3D6 and D3D8 video plugins on Radeon 8500 and higher with some slight testing on a Geforce 2 using release 40 drivers and a Geforce FX 5200 using release 50 drivers. The video plugin gave very good results on each of these with the Geforce 2 giving the "worst" experience due to lack of pixel shader support.

As for the controller plugin I honestly usually stick to Jabo's but when I want rumble I'll use N-Rages for my pad.

Sound is the same, I stick to Jabo's unless there is something seriously funky going on.

The RSP... well there arent many options. The current RSP should be good enough but from what I recall Azimer did some work on it before. I'm not sure if what he did carried onto the current RSP... (it is 2 am here and it is hard to concentrate on this right now).

So, just to say it again its on a computer to computer basis. :) Only you through testing can find out what is the best for you and remember just because its shipped with PJ64 doesnt mean its your only option. Sometimes a certain plugin will do a MUCH better job than the standard one at a certain game and its worth the switch for that one game.

Thanks RadeonUser :party:

Mikk-DC

I know that Rice 6.1 plugin works better for Mystical Ninja starring Goeman. It runs extremely jerky using Jabo's. Goldeneye works fantastic using Jabo's. So the only advice I can give is that if a game is giving you headaches, and theres no solution to it by altering options, then try a different plugin :)