What's new

Direct X problems... + others

Bill Gates03

It says something is wrong with my Direct X.. and then i push ok then it says something wrong with video... what can i do? i have DirectX 9.0c and im running Windows ME with 128 Ram and 700 Mhz... just a normal graph. card... also how do you install new plugins? i downloaded PJ64 and actually got Zelda OOT to start on there but it shows the title movie thing (horse running around) and wont do anything else... can u use a keyboard to play this? thanx for helping me on this!

Narsos

If you have dx9 installed but not dx9 compatible drivers for your video card it can cause a Direct X error. Make sure you have newest drivers for your video card.

Most new plugins come with instructions on how to install. usually just has 1 or 2 files to put in your emulator\plugins folder. Some need you to put a dll directly into your emulator folder. If there is no instructions I usually just unzip new plugins completely into the plugin folder then when your start up the elulator if it says cant load plugin missing .dll just move that dll from plugin folder to emulator folder and it works fine.

You can play most games with keyboard i think. Just make sure you set up the controls in the input plugin. I recomend a good analog controler though. Makes a world of difference.

CF2

Pretends to make sense
You say you have a normal graphics card. It would be helpful to know which one.

CF2

Pretends to make sense
Ah, well thats it then. Drivers are pretty funky with the Rage Mobility (I once had one that couldn't do 3D at all). The latest drivers might help.

HostileEagle

King of Krunch
Bill Gates03 said:
...i downloaded PJ64 and actually got Zelda OOT to start on there but it shows the title movie thing (horse running around) and wont do anything else... can u use a keyboard to play this?...
Yes. Consult PJ64 User Manual (Configuration > plugins > input).
You can use the default keys or assign new (Options > Configure Controller Plugin).

OP
B

Bill Gates03

i set the "start" button to enter... and it still wont do anythign... just the title screen over and over....