What's new

using the mouse to play strategy games

Noname65

ok i would like to play strategy games like : starcraft 64 etc etc but how do i set it up so i can play using the mouse????

seam

i made this setup for goldeneye, just modify it as needed.

rename it to .CPF then load it in N-rages plugin.

fieryjack

There's a zip file at http://members.chello.at/n-rage/dinput8/downloads.html Unzip the file to any location you like (the "Joystick" directory would be the logical place I think) and then, when you click on "load profile" just browse to the appropriate place.

My question/dilemma...I can use SJR's plugin for the mouse but there's no way to jack the sensitivity up to usable levels, I'd like to use nrage's one instead but for some reason, even though it recognises the mouse for config purposes, it resolutely will not let me use it in game, the mouse buttons don't work either. Has anyone any experience of this? Windows XP SP2 etc etc

Last edited:

Allnatural

The profiles provided are for first-person shooters. You don't want that. Just load the plugin and map the analog controls to your mouse (assuming the analog stick is used for movement in Starcraft, et al). Assign the other buttons in any way that's comfortable for you.

fieryjack

oops, sorry noname, some mess made it into the URL, I tidied it up. Of course you will, as pointed out, still have to fiddle with the controls.

Unfortunately I still can't the mouse to work with this plugin on my machine and I've spent the last couple of days RTFM etc..I must be going soft in my old age.