What's new

Super Mario 64

Orkin

d1R3c764 & g1|\|64 m4|<3R
Play on a TV... :p

Seriously, the black borders are there because TVs overscan and Nintendo saved some processing power by not rendering what won't end up on the screen anyway.

My plugin has an option to simulate overscan, but it doesn't always work out correctly...

OP
E

ens04

i did i played on my TV yesterday and there were still black bars. i was just hoping that somebody had an answer to this

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
What exactly is the problem here? ignore them just like you ignore the titlebar and status bar, in fullscreen you won't even notice them anyway... Talk about being over-sensitive...

Get used to it, its NOT a big deal. you're the one making it one.

Last edited:

bagmcmuffin

Genitals meet Breakfast
ScottJC said:
What exactly is the problem here? ignore them just like you ignore the titlebar and status bar, in fullscreen you won't even notice them anyway... Talk about being over-sensitive...

Get used to it, its NOT a big deal. you're the one making it one.

First off, stop being a jerk. He's just asking how to get rid of the black bars because they are obviously bothersome to him.

Now, to address his question, when he said use the control on your monitor, he meant after you switch to full screen mode, then use the actual sizing buttons on your monitor to play with the picture and stretch and move it. The buttons should be near the brightness controls on your monitor somewhere.

Clements

You can get rid of the bottom bar by reducing the emulated height in Jabo's plugin (3rd tab) to about 235 or so.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Black bars are there for a reason, Plugins don't cut off any of the picture, the Television does, only way to remove the black bars completely is to rewrite every single plugin that doesn't have "Simulate Overscan" implemented.

No offence, but I don't think anyone else is bothered by such a small petty thing. it would be like me complaining about Pizza's crusts.

That last comment was rather tame. I've said far worse.

Last edited:

jdsony

Those black bars are minor in comparison with other games where it's black all around the picture such as with Wave Race. When you output tv you need to adjust your overscan settings in your drivers advanced options (i know ati has this). Once you do that it should eliminate the black when uotputting to a tv. You won't see as much of the picture when you do that but it will be more true to the real thing.