What's new

audio probs with every n64 rom!?!

sneslover

Hi all,

every N64 rom i try with project64 does what i'ts supposed to do, but the audio is always completely f*cked up: I only hear a very irritating noise, I can't recognize anymore what the music sounds like or what's someone's telling in the game.
Exactly the same problem with the 1964 emulator.
I tried these romz:
legend of zelda: ocarina of time
legend of zelda 2: majora's mask
super mario 64
mario kart 64

my pc specs are far good enough to emulate n64 games: p4 1.7 GHz, 768 MB SDRAM, win xp pro, ati radeon 9550 128 DDR, Soundblaster 24 bit.

Maybe usefull: When I play quicktime files (.mov, ...), my sound is doing the exactly same thing: movie plays perfect but sound is f*cked up & not recognizable anymore. I added a sample of ocarina of time in attachment.

Has anyone got an idea how to solve my problem & get good audio? :down:

Last edited:

Shurikanie

Most likely (since it happens in Quick, also), you need to go to Creative's site and download the lastest audio drivers for your card. I have no idea what you mean by "Soundblaster 24-bit" though, it could be a Live! 24-bit or one of those Audigy cards that have the 24-bit logo with them (theres too many Audigy model numbers to go though now..)

Shurikanie

You installed the drivers that came with it, right? Apparently someone ripped the drivers from a original CD that should have been on Creative's site, the only drivers for the card I could find. linky

OP
sneslover

sneslover

nope, the drivers even caused a fatal crash to my pc :alien2:
lucky me that i made a restore point before installing the drivers :canadian:

anyone who's got another idea to fix my audio prob?

snesmaster40

Make sure you install the correct ones, check the Device manager by right clicking on My Computer, click on the Hardware tab, and hit the device manager button.