What's new

F-Zero Maximum Velocity: Jet Vermillion Password Generator

BGNG

NCL has had a CGI-based password generator for the Jet Vermillion in F-Zero Maximum Velocity on their site for years, but no one knew what was inside that script; so to have a password generated, everyone was at the mercy of Nintendo and their keeping the page up on their site. There have even been countless FAQs written that point to the web page in order to have a customized password, which always depends on the registered name of the player for each save file.

After some super-sly, covert code-cracking sessions a few years back, I replicated a password generator and wrote a Windows EXE (available upon request) to generate passwords with greater ease than Nintendo's generator script (which requires a lot of button-pushing).

Just last week, an authority figure from Mr. Fixit Online approached me regarding my work. MFO's F-Zero site is the non-Japanese authority on the series; most of the world records being held there by its members. I'd frequented the site to show off my super-uber skills, which were horrifically outperformed by cheaters exploiting bugs in the games. My skills may be world-class, but dang...

Anyhow, one web administrator, Hulabaloon, asked if I could re-write my generator in JavaScript... so I did. And now it's up on the site as an MFO-exclusive feature. MFO, for the moment at least, is the world's only resource outside of Nintendo that is able to provide customized Jet Vermillion Passwords.

My JavaScript version can be found at the Maximum Velocity FAQ on MFO:
http://www.mrfixitonline.com/fzeromv_faq.asp

Okay, I know this isn't too much in terms of EMULATOR programming, but it's still game hacking/programming, so I figured it was approperiate.