What's new

cant remember if this prob was found about zips!

sk8bloke22

roll for life
ive worked out why some of my roms that i noted did not appear in the gui and had to be started manually. all my roms are zipped. when i unzipped these particular roms which didnt appear in the gui (most did), the games appeared. not just that but before hand a great deal of those specific roms would crash 1964 to the desktop, such as superman. now when unzipped they dont. also i think that these roms that DID crash 1964 had the extention .usa, and need it to be renamed to .v64 - even when zipped. once i renamed the extention, the rom worked.

zeus

Well, I can´t be too sure about it, but I belive that Rice said that he was going to look into it, the problem is/was connected to rom loading or more specific zipped rom loading. After I unzipped all my roms, they all appear in the gui and more importantly they don´t crash when opening them.

If you uncheck "start emulation after loading rom" you could try if your roms crash 1964, if they do then the problem is defenitely within 1964´s way of loading zipped roms.

And re roms not showing up in gui, my experince with this was that my multi region roms (JU) didn´t show up neither did the roms that had one name for the zip file and another for the rom, i.e Super Mario 64 (U) [!].zip, mario.v64.

OP
sk8bloke22

sk8bloke22

roll for life
ok.

-any rom that is zipped with an unkown extention like .n64 and .usa wont be recognised in the gui and will crash. these need to be unzipped and the extention needs to be renamed, usually .v64 works.
-some zips, as zeus said, hav completely different names to the rom, this does seem to affect the gui recognising it, so just unzip.
-any other game that is not recognised, i have no idea wats going on and this needs to be sorted, but for the meantime just unzip, and they should work.

most of my roms are zipped and work fine. so something weird is going on here.

zeus

-any rom that is zipped with an unkown extention like .n64 and .usa wont be recognised in the gui and will crash. these need to be unzipped and the extention needs to be renamed, usually .v64 works.

Do you byteswap your roms to the right extension or do you rename them to another extension, byteswaping them should make a difference, renaming them shouldn´t?

But as I said earlier after unzipping all of my roms, all my previous problems disappeared. If you have the space over it´s definetely worth it, speedvise I can´t see a noticeble difference but they run much more stable now. If you have all your roms zipped the difference between zipped and upzipped is quite large, before the size of all my roms was 2xxxMb and now it´s closer to 4xxxMb.

OP
sk8bloke22

sk8bloke22

roll for life
hmmm.....thats strange actually. i just have renamed them and its made games that crashed like superman and armorines, actually work. i might byteswap thme later. but as it stands only 9 of my roms now crash to the desktop, and that might decrease by the time ive finished sorting out the problems with the zip files. but renaming them definitely does make a difference, it shouldnt do, but it DEFINITELTY has.