What's new

can't continue DK64 game plz help

DK_4gamecube

I saw in an thread posted April 25th of 2002 how Mantis and Curious discussed this boss key problem I have. Here's a link that takes you to it http://emutalk.net/showthread.php?p=224706 I read through it all but I couldn't understand the solution. Mantis seems to advise Curious to get a save state from someone who has just beaten the second boss. Here is my description anyways.

There is two different and possibly unrelated issues i have running Donkey Kong 64, on PJ 64 1.5. First the second boss key does not appear at all after defeating the second boss. The armadillo boss's key does appear in the first level and is completely normal, but the second one isn't. You don't receive the key and if you exit the level and try to give it to K. Lumsy nothing happens. The key is not in the pause menu overall game stats either, it only says that you've acquired 1 out of 8 boss keys.

The other problem is seen in two different areas, when jump onto a swinging vine DK or any other monkey automatically grabs hold of it, but when you push A to swing to another one, the monkey does not grab hold of it automatically. The player has to push A just before the monkey hits the vine to make the monkey grab hold of it. The other area where we can note this problem is in Donkey's barrel blast. In the second level one must complete donkey's barrel blast to open the llama's temple, but donkey cannot shoot from the first barrel into the second, he just seems to not blast far enough. The barrel blast works perfectly fine in the first level, donkey can even blast over the barrels in that one, but the second barrel blast is messed up. I don't know how these three problems are related, I get the hang of things fast, but i'm still pretty new emulation and roms.

Any help attacking the problem will be greatly appreciated as well as any information leading to the acquisition of a save state file after the defeat of the second boss
Thanx

th3l3fty

I would recommend getting Project 64 version 1.6, first of all.

If that doesn't help with your save state issue (which I don't know if it will), I happen to have just beaten the second boss. I have the second key as well as 42 golden bananas and 2 banana faries photographed. The save slot starts inside K. Lumsy's island. Just give him the key and you can continue playing.
Or, if you want to have the save resemble your save, you could PM me the details of what you want and I'll see what I can do.
Hope this helps!