What's new

Spiderman plays really slow

bootleg42

Using the the new Project64 emu with Jabo's Direct3D8.1.6 Video plugin and the game spiderman is running very slow. Can I fix this or does this rom always run slow????

Allnatural

Runs fine here. Insufficient specs, maybe...

Questions specific to PJ64 should be in the PJ64 forum /moving

OP
B

bootleg42

Sorry about that. I am a noob. So what exactly are "specs" amd how do I fix that?? Please bare with me, I am a noob.

HostileEagle

King of Krunch
"Specs"... Short for specifications as in... What are your computer specifications? Video Card, Processor, RAM, Operating System (Win98, XP, etc.). Post your specs to get better help.
In closing, Spider-Man is running great here also.

OP
B

bootleg42

I have Windows XP Professional, NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 2.80GHz, 512 MB of RAM and a Pentium 4. Should Spiderman run normally with my specs????

RadeonUser

It's really hard to tell since we did near 0 testing on nvidia hardware, but yes the game should run fine on your computer...

I would wait a while for other responses from people running on similar video cards. If they have the same slowdowns then there could be a problem with the plugin running on the FX series of cards. If they're running the game just fine then I would compare specifications a bit more, specifically video card drivers and video card model including video card ram.

Knowing the amount of video ram your card has will be helpful, as well as knowing what drivers your video card is running on.

HostileEagle

King of Krunch
FX 5200, 128 MB, driver 5303 and all's well.

bootleg42... With the exception of the processor, mine being an AMD Athlon 2.0, our specs are exactly the same. How much memory (video card, not system ram) and what driver are accompanying that video card of yours? And does the "slowdown" happen with all your games or just Spidey?