What's new

Bangaioh or RDB problems

Gpooj

Here's my problem (and my first post).

I have problems trying to get Project64 to recognise my:
Bakuretsu Muteki Bangai-O (J) [f1] (PAL) rom

I got it from different sources about 8 or 9 times now, and GoodN64 seems to think it's a good rom (by renaming it and all that jazz).

Now, the problem is that when I load up PJ64 the romlist claims it that it's probably a bad rom and to check the RDB.

Of course I try to run it anyway and it gives me the error:

"Unhandled R4300i OpCode at: B0BFF90 sync Stopping Emulation!"

And of course, it stops emulation.

I'm using Project64 1.5 and Service Pack 1 for version 1.5

The only thing I could think of doing to look through the actual RDB file and see if there's a listing for Bangaioh in there. There was, and changing the rom file name (inside and outside the zip) to the name that matched the listings the RBD had did nothing.

I tried that fixing an overdumped rom file thing, and that didn't make any difference either.

The only thing I can think of is getting a newer version of the RDB file, but I've scoured this forum and the Project64 webpage and all I can come up with are files older than the one I already have.

Is there something I'm missing? I have 38 other games working perfectly already.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Clements

That rom is bad if it is renamed to Bakuretsu Muteki Bangai-O (J) [f1] (PAL).

PJ64 1.6 apparently works fine with this game.

OP
G

Gpooj

huh?

Thanks, I guess I just have to try to get it from a few more sources.

Maybe I'm going to the wrong PJ64 website, but I don't see that version 1.6 is released.

OP
G

Gpooj

sweeet

Thanks a lot!

I just wonder why project 64 doesn't have it on their webpage.

dragon_rider

私は竜が好き&#
What the!? PJ64 1.6!? I though it was discountinued. Is this just a joke or what?

Edit: Okay, so I though this might be an April Fool's joke. It's not. Holy crap, this version is waaay better than the last version of PJ64. Even Hyrdo Thunder has sound now and the core is emulated much better this time around.

Last edited:

dragon_rider

私は竜が好き&#
And I am quite elated that it is not an April Fool's joke. But, it's been a looong time since the PJ64 team released their emulator. Oh, and Dr. Mario 64 has perfect graphics BTW.

Trotterwatch

dragon_rider said:
And I am quite elated that it is not an April Fool's joke. But, it's been a looong time since the PJ64 team released their emulator. Oh, and Dr. Mario 64 has perfect graphics BTW.
Yeah I've known for quite a while, check the about box :D lol