What's new

analog controller support

snowboards

Hello, being the newest member here, I have decided to bring it upon myself to ask a noob question to get things going.

I can't find, nor want to buy, the adaptor for the n64 controller in part because all 4 controllers I have have "sticky sticks" + I bought a pc controller for this very function. It seems Project 64 doesn't want to recognize the joysticks on my controller as analog... it treats the koystick movement like keyboard buttons.

Question: What do I have to d/l or do to get analog stick support? Mario, goldeneye and etc are just not the same (or playable) without it. Thanks! :bouncy:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
I'd suppose that's the drivers cue. Tty to attain drivers from the manufacturers homepage, or if you have them on a cd or something, you should install those.

OP
S

snowboards

Indeed, drivers are installed already. P64 DOES recognize the controller as do other emulators (with the exception of 1964 oddly). The problem is project 64 doesn't recognize the joystick as a joystick, just another button, like a directional pad.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Drivers needn't be installed to detect a controller. Drivers can be installed to change the behaviour of the controller. You should calibrate it in the control panel and possible, if possible, change some of its properties.