What's new

Zelda - Ocarina of Time v 1.2 problem

N64Boi23

Hey guys, I've got a small issue now with Zelda OoT (*not* Master Quest).

When I try to open the chest to get the mirror shield, I get a dialog box. OotError2.jpg is the error itself, and OoTError1.jpg are the plugins I'm using. Any assistance would be appreciated.

OP
N

N64Boi23

The only cheat I have active is the subscreen fix. The save state's been working fine the whole time. And I've played this ROM before, all the way through, and never got an error. Of course, that was before my computer installed Service Pack 2, which "upgraded" my graphics controller.

EDIT: I've tried the standard N64 save, and saved it over my Save State. But I think from now on, I'm going to try saving games with saves from the N64, instead of save states.

Last edited:

navilink

i would like to borrow this thread to ask about the OoT v1.2...what's the difference from v1.0? any update log i can see? thanks...

appollo147

Try completely uninstalling and reinstalling PJ64.I had the same problem only at a different point of the game and that fixed it for me. :p :p :p

xamenus

1.0 is the Gold Cartridge edition. It has a few more bugs in it that can be reproduced in the game (some are kind of interesting; check www.gamefaqs.com). 1.1 and 1.2 just fix these bugs AFAIK.

Orotawuk

I've found 1.0, 1.1 & 1.2 (all in Japanese) from 3 different sites (though probably they are the same files). Only 1.0 is recognized as good rom in my PJ64 1.6. 1.1 & 1.2 are marked as "bad rom?'" in the rom list. Just wonder whether they are really bad roms with not yet fixed glitches even nowadays?

Clements

One of the best ways of checking if a ROM is good or not is to compare it to the current No-Intro database.

It may also be that you are using an old RDB file with PJ64. I recommend you download the one from here:

http://www.emutalk.net/threads/49385-PJ64-Unofficial-RDB-v4-23-by-Nekokabu-amp-MASA

After you update the file, refresh the ROM list and it'll update the listing. If they still read as bad ROMs, check with No-Intro to see if they are valid. If they are definitely bad, you may as well delete those particular files.

Orotawuk

Thx. Updated with No-intro and they are still marked as bad. In fact they are marked as "bad rom? Use GoodN64 & check for updated RDB". I also did it and they are still bad roms.

Clements

Its quite possible that they haven't been added to the RDB as yet. You can open the RDB in notepad and add an entry for them based on info from the other japanese V1.0 Ocarina of Time that is there (although the subscreen delay fix may not work).

D1n

Researcher
I don't think they are bad roms, my guess is that they are the roms from the WindWaker bonus disc.
Those are reported as bad but they play fine afaik.