What's new

Optimization/Tweaking...?

ElvisMaximus

I was curious about how Ikaruga would run, so I went through the entire ripping process. I start up the game and get about 9 FPS through the first loading, then it jumps to 400 FPS at the menu, then when I go back in game it drops down to 6-7 FPS

I realize that this Emu is a work in progress, but I was just curious as to is there anyway I can tweak my settings to get more FPS out of the game? I mean, the game is playable.. but I'd really like to see it run fast.

Anyway, this is more just to see how it works, but if anyone has some tips, please gimme some ideas :)

P.S- would buying a better video card help significantly, or is it just the emu? I currently have a GeForce 5200 FX

maxim(L2)

newer video crad would only make it look beter, right now ;p
emulation>use dynarec might make it faster , might crash, might make it look like crap.....

Pky

Yeah, haha , there's nothing you can do out of the emulator to make the roms work better, only buying a better card (not for the time being) I mean, as maxim says, don't buy now the better machine to make it "work" because you won't make it go better, now it's all in the hands of the dolphin team to make it work faster, as the another emulators. It would be better to buy a gamecube.