What's new

Getting RiceVideo Plugin 6.1.0c to work

Caesius

6.1.0.c is the newest to date right? If not then can someone direct me in the path of the newest one please. Even if it is or isnt i still am having a hard time with this. I downloaded it and i have it as a .RAR file. I open up the file in WinRAR and i got 6 files here,2 readmes, 2 .dlls, one thats just telling you to do something, and a .ini(type is configuration settings). Ok now the one thats just telling me to do something tell mes to take one of the .dll files and put it in my emulator folder....hmm...thanks for being specific being that theres about 5 of them. I went with what i thought was right and i put it right into my plug-ins folder where the other .dlls are. I start up PJ64(1.5 with SP1) and i go into settings but it shows the only video plug-in is the one SP1 gave me, Jabos Direct3D6 1.5.1. So i take the other .dll file(RiceVideo.dll) and i put it into the plugin folder..now i get two errors saying it cant find BMGLibPNG.dll(the first file it told me to put into my emualtor folder), and the other says it cant LOAD Ricevideo.dll. Im stuck here guys, and i need help because i wanna play Ogrebattle! My Vid card is the ATI Radeon 9800 Pro and for a sound card, i usually use my headset, but i got the Creative SB Live Series! With SoundBlaster(i think 5.1) so if Ricevideo 6.1.0c isnt the best for my video card and the best to run at least ogrebattle 64(i need to play this!) then please tell me what is. And whats the best sound plugin i should use? Sorry for such a long post, thanks to who ever helps.

Trotterwatch

Get the BMPlibPNG.dll file and put that into the Project64/ folder (not the plugins one) then find the other file that says PUTBMPLIBPNG ...something something, and delete that

Trotterwatch

leave the readmes, leave the ricevideo.dll or whatever it's called, and leave the .ini. The files to be moved are the ones I mentioned in the earlier post.

OP
Caesius

Caesius

Trotterwatch said:
leave the readmes, leave the ricevideo.dll or whatever it's called, and leave the .ini. The files to be moved are the ones I mentioned in the earlier post.
still the PJ64 EMulator only detects and lets me chose Jabos plugin. Lemme just see if im doing this right.
I installed PJ64, and it got saved to C:/program files/project64 1.5. Then i installed the SP1, and saved that to the same folder. Now i installed rices plugin and saved the RAR file to the desktop. I opened up the RAR file, and opened up Project64 1.5 Folder, and moved BMGLibPNG.dll to that folder and got rid of the rest. Is this right?

Trotterwatch

Say you have 4 files:

Ricevideo.dll
Ricevideo.ini
BMPLIBPNG.dll
PUTBMPLIMPNGinpluginfolder

Put Ricevideo + ini in the plugins folder c:/project64/plugins for example
Put BMPLIBPNG.dll in the c:/project64/ folder
Delete the other file

You may also want to take the msvcr71.dll from the 1964 folder and put that in the C:/project64/ folder too.