What's new

Mario Kart 64 + Rice 6.1.0b Problem

96SL2er

When I use Rice's newest plugin (version 6.1.0b) with Mario Kart 64, the game lags a lot and skips. I also notice this with almost all other games using Project64. Does anybody else experience this and know the fix for it?

Thanks,
Chad

zsnes9x2001

Strangely enough this happened to me BEFORE I got Rice's latest plugin and the only way I could get around it before was messing with the emulator settings, which off course mucked up other games in the process so I would have to change it again, depending on the game.
It could be 1 of hundred things.
Without having Psycic powers its like a stab in the dark.
Guessing that your PC is up to the task and all your OS settings are optimized I am going to guess that you changed one of the settings which inturn mucked up the settings for Mario Kart.

SO in the Plugin sections of Project64 folder delete the "Rice Video 6.1.0 configuration settings file" and replace it with the one in the zip file supplied with the latest plugin. Appart from that I dont know.

Rice

Emulator Developer
You need to disable the Frame buffer options for the video plugin for this game.

OP

96SL2er

I disable "N64 Frame Buffering" and the game still plays the same. The screen seems to flicker a lot. It happens with almost all the games I try to play on Project64, but the plugin works flawlessly on 1964!

My settings for the Rice's plugin are the same in PJ64 and 1964, but PJ64 seems to flicker and lag a bit with the new plugin?!?

Any ideas?

Thanks,
-Chad

OP

96SL2er

"Nightmare Creatures" is a great example of how the plugin flickers and lags in PJ64. I hope this is a bug that can be worked out in the next few releases, because this is the best plugin available and it looks awesome with the HI-res textures!!

-Chad

mongo51983

Zelda Maniac!!!
This was the problem I had with Mario Kart and the solution Rice gave fixed my problem. I posted this in the 1964 section under Rice's new plugin but no one replied

ChAoS Overlord

Hmm probably this is true, but I also have some remarks.

First of: ghosts are invisible. Secondly, the screen which shows the video of you driving isn't there (luigi raceway).
Secondly: sometimes (especially when loading a savestate) the video gets very jerky.
Third: at the end of the race when the summary comes up, the backdrop for the letters should be black, instead it's flashing some colors. What's up with this?
What are the ideal settings for this game? I've been fiddling a lot and jabbo's gives a better result up to now.