What's new

So close...to playing Nights< Help! please...arggg

djmrr

First and foremost thanks for clicking on this thread. I just think people well some arent as greatfull as they should be. I apperciate yalls time and any replies id like too.

My situation: Everything is good yet.
Cassini reads the disc and says disc error. I mean i get so far. It loads bios but it is it possible. What version would i need or wait...can it not say. But like Nights works in Cassini right? How? I mean i get the CD load screen and options and stuff but it doesn't read disc, says its disc read cant or something. Is it my bios? ...I have it on auto region and auto bin/cue ....ill tweak with that in the mean time.

Or like is there anything else to do, what should i do?

Yeah im kinda lost...

But thanx for trying to help me yall.

Last edited:

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Depending on the way the game was ripped the structure of the cue file may be different. You can edit the file with notepad or a similar program (I attached a shot of how the cue file of a 1:1 ripped game should look in order to help you).
It may also be possible to mount the ISO image without the need of a cue file if you rename its extension from ".bin" to ".iso".

OP
D

djmrr

well the .cue isnt a prob anymore i edited my post but PSyman your awesome...yeah i kinda downloaded "InZeCue" it worked to correct it.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
The problem is that the emulator cannot run backups even if you use a virtual drive. The only way to do it is by using a program that comes with the emulator (gentoc) in order to load the ISO directly to the emulator. You can also use a program named "giritool" if you don't know how to do it with command prompt.

If you're lucky then the only program you'll need is giritool. When using it just select the ISO image, press the "run gentoc" button, select the region and click the saturn logo. The name of the emulator (not the launcher) must be "gsaturn.exe" and the ".cue" and ".bin" files must have the same name (ie: nights.bin + nights.cue) or else giritool won't work.

These threads may also help you run it:
http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=18667
http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=21634
http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=20223

Last edited:
OP
D

djmrr

Ok...i think im on the right track

Ok so I have NERO and ROXIO, And i want to convert a .bin and .cue to an ISO but when i go into nero or roxio, and try to like "Read track" it says all the differnt file types, like when it mounted it mounted i guess as a cd, so it lists all the parts and stuff like .SFD and .PRS and the "EXTRA" folder
How do i get all those files to be in an ISO format? that Cassini can read from my virtual drive
I kinda like to be able to put the ISO on my hard drive and then Mount it and run Cassini, oh and Giri Giri Tool that thing it doesnt do anything right now when i click on the Saturn logo or run gentoc

and what do i have to run the launcher as Gsaturn? ...im confused kinda

I really like all yalls help thax

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
You don't have to convert the .bin and .cue to another format. The name of the .cue and .bin must be the same and have 8 letters maximum. If you have to rename the files remember to change the name of the .bin file in the .cue file (use notepad or the program you mentioned).
After that just open "Sega_Saturn_Emulator.exe", make sure that the options "auto choose bin/cue region" and "check cue correctness" are selected and then click the "run cue/bin" button and open the .cue file.

OP
D

djmrr

Ok so I got giri giri tool to load the game i had to re copy over the toc.bin from a backup folder but it runs until i hit the sega saturn screen and then it just gives me a blank nothing i try to hit enter or "Start" to get it to do something but nothing happens. I also ticked the "read only" on my nights.bin and nights.cue nothing really changed really...
But yeah so is it the audio tracks in my.bin files...how do i fix that or what is the deal...BTW when i hit "Gentoc" in Giri Giri Tool nothing happens is it suppose to be that way?
yeah thax for help

OP
D

djmrr

EDIT I got it to ruN w00t its just hard to control thax for the help...it think i got it from here

DistantJ

This game is the only reason I even want to use a Saturn emu >_< and it's the only one that doesn't seem to want to work for me. My Saturn died ages ago, lol.