What's new

White Zelda ? White/Brown Epona ? Cant see SELECT FILE menu..... WHY?

Joaguy7

Ok so...

My problems are
1. Zelda's Tunic is white
2. The Zelda Logo on startup is screwed up
3. I Cant get passed the "press start" screen. When I press start i can hear the Select File Menu Music, but i cant see it (the Screen is just black)

I am using Jaboo's Direct3d7 1.40
I have a ATI Rage p/m mobility AGP 2x
Pentium 3 800 mhz
256 DDR 400 Ram

Check Out These Pics:
:homestar:

Acorn

RJARRRPCGP said:
For the graphics, at least look for an updated driver.

The most recent driver for this chipset still has this problem. I've not yet found a plugin that works either. We're basicly stuck with mario on these old old laptops. Will let you know if I find anything.

g00beRz

Peej
Try uploading the pictures instead of trying to show an image from your computer. That might help fixing your problem. :)

OP
J

Joaguy7

Well here are the working pics:
snap0000.bmp

snap0001.bmp

1. Could This Be a Bad Rom (The FPS Is Fine)
2. When I switch the Rendering Device to RGB Emulation The Logo is fixed but zelda is still white
3. I have already tried evoodo and glide64 but when i try full screen a message in spanish "no se puede alojar el buffer trasero" (The back buffer can not be activated?) Then it says "error setting display mode"
I can hear the zelda music but i dont see anything

Yes i have set it to 800 by 600 or lower. So thats not the problem

4. When I use the plugin "TR64 Open Gl v0.8.8 There are no graphical problems or defects but... the frame rate is slow as hell :devil: 5 fps

If any of you have any soulutions please give em to me

OP
J

Joaguy7

an adition to number 2

2.When I switch the Rendering Device to RGB Emulation The Logo is fixed but zelda is still white and the frame rate is 5 fps... and no menu either

dukenukem

lord freiza
Sorry dude but those problems will remain because of your ati rage gfx,maybe if you were able to change to another card it would help.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
RGB emulation is slow, so yes, expect 5 fps there. I'd get evoodoo+glide64 working somehow. Try alterating versions with evoodoo. Backing or getting newer. Or just throw out your gfx card and get a new one.

Acorn

Doomulation said:
Or just throw out your gfx card and get a new one.

Ok, back again.

The rage mobility is a gfx card used in laptops, based off the Rage Pro chipset. So, I'm kinda assuming this is a laptop he is working on. My own (laptop) is a P3-650 with 256mb pc100, and an ATI Rage M1 (agp, 2x, etc, yay). The graphics card on most laptops that use this (mine is a Dell Latitude cpx) is attached to the motherboard and not removable/replacable with reasonable means.

Joa, I don't have any solutions for you, so I'll just give some observations instead though I don't have my laptop here to copy down errors from.

Using Hacktarux's wrapper, and glide64, I get errors about the framebuffer, then "Your graphics card does not support..." before the screen goes and remains back (sound works).

Using evoodoo (newest version) I get the same error as you, before the screen goes black. Trying serveral old combos of evoodoo and glide64 gives only crashes.

Using ultrahle and evoodoo crashes.

Using ultrahle and xgl200 works, with MANY major graphics errors in all games and about 20fps (2/3rds speed).

Corn .3 crashes. Corn .2 works, full speed perfect graphics with sound in a windowed 320*240 situation for all the games it plays. However, if I increase the window size to 640*480 or larger, the framerate goes down to less than half of normal. If I ask it to use fullscreen, even with 320*240, the speed drops to one frame every 10 seconds or so, though with fullspeed sound.

Rice's plugin works with less/no graphics errors in opengl mode (woah, wasn't expecting that), however it is slooow. Since you have a faster cpu, maybe this will work, but I kinda doubt it.

The best combo I have currently found (if you don't want to play in a window) is 1964 + jabo's + schibo's sound, with frameskip enabled. Even then, we're basicly limited to Mario 64 (possibly others, not done extensive testing of games). You might check out Hack's Guide on how to get good sound with a slow computer, though, I think the sound is fine this way.

Interesting note, speed was markedly faster before installing DX9. No clue why. Also, the orig windows drivers seem to preform slightly (+5ish fps in pj64/jabos) better than the current ones on ATI's site, though of course they don't support opengl, dx8, and a lot of features.

Had much better luck with Playstation. VGS runs perfectly, Epsxe with pete's runs very well, though quite slow. And lots of the older emus work. Oh, girigiri com. runs perfect too.

Hope this helps you somewhat, or at least tells you that you arn't all alone in this boat :p I will continue trying things, and if I find a miracle solution (yea right) or anything that is an improvement, I will let you know. If you find anything, be sure to post.

Orkin

d1R3c764 & g1|\|64 m4|<3R
The problem with the Rage line is that they have very little combining abilities, which the N64 is pretty decent at, and is used extensively in many games. You really need at least a GeForce 256 or a Radeon 8500 or better before you can start to emulate it correctly.

It might be possible to hand-code "close enough" combiners specifically for the Rage cards, but it still wouldn't look good...just not quite as bad...

Basically, trying to emulate an N64 game on a Rage chip is like trying to emulate an SNES game on an EGA graphics card...it just can't be done without graphics errors.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Older evoodoos will not work correctly with new glide64s, because of an umimplemted function. You need to use an old glide64 in such case, if you're using an old evoodoo. Can't remember which version, though, since that was a loooooooong time ago.

mabauti

She's my g/f \/
If you want almost perfect emulation u need a non on-board gfx card, so you need a desktop machine plus a gfx card (GEForce recommended).
My best combo is Glide48 sp7.08 + evodoo 4.0. + PJ64v1.5
You can try ULtraHLE2064 , but this is slower than PJ64 (with on-board gfx card, I repeat)