What's new

Please help =( Unable to load disc

Machder

My Chankast was working and one day it ceased to do so. I use Daemon tools to load the ISO into the virtual CD ROM, I launch Chankast, configure the drive letter, try to run it, get the swirling thingy and "Dreamcast" logo, and then it asks me to configure the time. I do so, choose select, then it asks me to do so again. After the second time of doing this it finally loads the BIOS. I have tried loading every game I have, tried messing with regional settings, as well as Daemon tools, all to no avail. If you can, please help. Chankast has been out of commision for over 3 months now and nothing I've tried (including redownloading / reinstalling) has worked. Thank you kindly in advance.

Your BIOS has been corrupted by Chankast. This is a known bug. Replace the BIOS with a known good copy and set it to Read-Only.

OP
M

Machder

I have the original working BIOS still in the rar file. It was already set to read only, but replacing the suspected corrupted BIOS file yielded no remedy sadly. =\ I am almost ready to suspect Daemon Tools settings.

Thank you for the try Koiulpoi. That one I was not aware of.

mark1221

I had this problem, I use deamon tools 3.29 ...
Deleting everything and getting a fresh copy of chankast \ bios worked for me... you should try it...

OP
M

Machder

Herecles, don't take it the wrong way but... I love you man. Replacing dc_flash did indeed fix it. This is a problem I had for months now, and it now comes to a closure thanks to you. =) Many many thanks!

Ahh, that's what I meant. ;) - both the bios and the flash file are in the same archive for me, so I just assumed that was it. Glad you got it fixed.