What's new

Microsoft's "Parent's Guide to Leet-Speak"

Trotterwatch

Heh, that article rocks

Leet words possibly indicating illegal activity:

"pwn": A typo-deliberate version of own, a slang term that means to dominate. This could also be spelled "0\/\/n3d" or "pwn3d," among other variations. Online video game bullies or "griefers" often use this term.

Dysprosium

Graphics Designer
"w00t" or the smiley character \o/: A common interjection, analogous to "woohoo!"

I never thought that "\o/" was w00t, I thought it was just a guy drowning. Usually coupled with a "/\" for a shark. :p

Figures Microsoft would put this news up. Seeing as how people sometimes refer to their Xbox as "L33t-Box" or "Sex-Box."

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Oh, yeah. Everyone who uses 'pwn' MUST be a warez fiend! XD

Gods... they were almost doing okay until that one...

Allnatural

It's important to remember that the leetspeek community encourages new forms and awards individual creativity, resulting in a dynamic written language that eludes conformity or consistency.
Does the "community" have an irc channel? I'd like to contribute to the lexicon.

|\|3\/34 (0|\|ph0r/v\

OP
Stalkid64

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
"Was this article useful?"

Y3S 8UT Where D0 i 9Et +H3 R0M5 4ROunD H3r3 MIcRO$0FT???????!!!!1111111oneoneone

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
n00bz sux0rz :p
Seriously now, you can't stop a kid from getting warez, roms or whatever as long as its PC has a way to read external data (internet, external disks or drives, etc.).

RatTrap

GODLIKE
" "w00t" or the smiley character \o/: A common interjection, analogous to "woohoo!" or victory in a game."

lol.. i love this one..

"ph": often replaces "f," as in "phear" for "fear" (as in "ph34r my l33t skillz") and vice versa, such as spelling "phonetic" as "f0|\|371(."

lmao.. never thought i'd see "ph34r my l33t sx1llz" on MS website.. that's just so funny..

Last edited:

-Shadow-

Banned
To be honest, i still didn't get any sense of that Synasthesia stuff.

@Topic: I don't think parents will get much smarter about tEh 1337-Sp33kz0rz :happy:

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
Why do i get the feeling they got all thier resources from here and the IRC Chan lmao :p