What's new

Problem - Constant Freezing

Darth_Revan

Hello, I have been using Project 64 for a couple days with my one and only rom, 007. The problem is, every now and then, it just straight up freezes. I am not really why and I don't really even know where to start. Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks guys!

Here are my specs:
Athlon 3200+
2 512 sticks, Cosair
Radeaon 9500 128MB
I don't think anything else would be usefull...thanks

Last edited:

synchronic64

Are you overclocking? Try setting your processor to it's stock speed, same with your memory chips. Also clean up the files on your hard drive via disk cleanup *Deleting your temp internet files before running a defrag on you C: drive.

Want to try my tested and working one *though good luck having your audio synchronized like the consoles perfectly in sync audio but you probably won't notice it unless you own the original copy, pm me.

I hope this helps if not wait for the next reply.

Yours Truly,
Jason.(synchronic64)

OP
D

Darth_Revan

Alright thanks, it must be that I need to clean up my hard drive because I stopped overclocking awhile ago.

As for the audio sync, I don't see a problem at all. Maybe this is because there is no diaologue in Bond, but like when the game starts up the music is right and everything.

Thanks for your help!

Edit: A little off topic, but I was also curious how a ROM exactly is made. I noticed that there were slight diffrences in the game, but nothing major. Is there a link that explain this that someone can direct me too? Thanks again!

Note: I stand corrected, there is a delay on the audio which I would have noticed. I isn't that bad though, half a second to a second delay, which isn't really a big deal, if you don't look at the original.

Last edited:

gandalf

Member ready to help
maybe an bad rom.
And how the roms are made??.
Well someone use an tool to "extract" the the information from an cartgide,then that tool save the information into a ROM (or file).