What's new

Jabo GFX crash with banshee

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Here's my problem: I have a celeron 333 with a voodoo banshee video card and 350 Mb of RAM. I know it's far under the specs, but i don't expect to run any games at full speed, i just want to test some stuff with my emu. Whatever the emu i use and with every roms, it starts, it shows graphics and after approximately 5 seconds it crashes compleatly the computer.

I see two possible reason, first, it is because the processor doesnt support sse instructions. Second is because of the banshee card (in which case i can eventually replace it with a TNT2 i have arrange somewhere i can't remember).

One last thing, i have tried with 1.4 dx6 & dx7 and with 1.3 plug-in.

Is there someone who have succesfully launched a games with a config similar to mine.

IceLord

well i remember, when i had my old celeron aat 333mhz and an intel graphics chip, the only emu that i could run was nemu64. It was not playable though due to graphics bugs and so forth

hotshitu

Banned
What's your OS? The default Banshee drivers in Win2k suck bad, at first I couldn't get any Glide or D3D stuff running, so you'll probably need at least the latest 3dfx beta drivers or better even a 3rd party compile installed.

Win 98 should be pretty much the same, tho the drivers are supposed to be more stable. Haven't touched it in a while though.

In any case Jabo's looks like ass on a Banshee, so no big loss ;)

Maybe the crashing problem is DX related, I mean, you should get at least _one_ emu running on your comp :)

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
I haven't tried to disable advance AGP w/ Direct control, i will try this night.
My OS is win98 and the directx version is 8.x.

Jabo

Emulator Developer
I think it can be said in a generalized sense that if the problem with your setup was lack of SSE/MMX/3DNow instructions on your processor causing the crash, more people would have that problem.

That said, there is a ton of banshee drivers, your best bet is to try multiple ones, I don't know of any specific crashing issues on them, so that is the only thing I can say, hope this helps.