What's new

ff9 display problems on epsxe

backdrop77

my friend told me that FF9 looks much better when it's on PC so i gave it a try. i'm using ePSXe with the Pete's plugin's and in the configuration, i used the "nice" setting. when i started the game, it looked terrible. am i doing something wrong? what is the best way to set up epsxe for FF9?

rcgamer

the old guy
it would help if he would post his specs. especially his graphics card. dont expect awesome performace with some onboard pos.

OP
B

backdrop77

it's not an old computer:

Intel P4 2.8GHz HT
1gb PC2700 RAM
ATI Radeon 9200

i think the problem has to do with the frame limit. because the game runs up to 200+ FPS at times, i turned on the frame limit to 60. this makes the game look choppy. without the frame limit, the game runs too fast. is there anyway to remove this problem?

thanks for the help so far but those settings make the FPS even higher.

smcd

Check "use fps limit" and (optionally) "use frame skipping", and select "auto detect fps" that might help.

OP
B

backdrop77

sethmcdoogle said:
Check "use fps limit" and (optionally) "use frame skipping", and select "auto detect fps" that might help.
yea, that's what i did. i think the frame skipping removed some frames to maintain the FPS under the limit but doing so made the game look choppy. you think there's a way to slow down my game or something (besides playing it on an older comp)?

OP
B

backdrop77

nope, those didn't help. :(

guess i have to play this on the slow computer.

thanks for everyone's help.