What's new

Virtual Fighter 3 problem...

B_Killer

Hi All!! :)

Thank you for stopping by :)

Anyways on to the problem... I’m trying to run VF3 on the latest Chankast but right after the Sega TM thingy the EMU freezes totally... What could be the problem because this .cdi file Iw got is totally clean and is self-bootable... am I doing something wrong...?

THANK you very much for any help (In advance) :)

Guru64

Virtua Fighter 3: Works, sound repeats itself in the menu, press a button after the sega logo, full speed too (Thx R00ster)

Look in the compatability list next time before asking.

KingSky

Virtual Fighter 3 works but by all means not at full speed. Full speed means 60fps and the game runs at around 40fps with occasional bursts of 60fps. For a game to be considered running at full speed it needs to be able to hold an consistant speed of 60fps and above, and VF3 doesn't even on a P4 3 gig HT with top of the line vid card

Last edited:
OP
B

B_Killer

Guru64 said:
Virtua Fighter 3: Works, sound repeats itself in the menu, press a button after the sega logo, full speed too (Thx R00ster)

Look in the compatability list next time before asking.

Hmm... I don't think you quite understand what I’m saying... The emu itself locks at the Sega TM thing in the beginning... take a look...

Trotterwatch

Anyways, what are your system specs B_Killer?

Anything happen if you hammer the buttons at the logo?

Last edited:
OP
B

B_Killer

Trotterwatch said:
Anyways, what are your system specs B_Killer?

Anything happen if you hammer the buttons at the logo?

My specs are: P4 3.0 GHz, 1 GB DDRAM, GeForce 4600 and win2k

BTW nothing happens even if I hammer the buttons, I mean the whole emu locks... I can't even exit the emu and have to turn it off the "hard way"...

Quite frankly I think that I might have a bad .cdi file of the game cos all my 11 other games work perfectly...

TANK you all very much for answering :)

KingSky

What is the name of the disk when you mount the image.
Mine says VF3_KAL
If your's is called something else then you gotta a problem.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
B_Killer said:
My specs are: P4 3.0 GHz, 1 GB DDRAM, GeForce 4600 and win2k

BTW nothing happens even if I hammer the buttons, I mean the whole emu locks... I can't even exit the emu and have to turn it off the "hard way"...

Quite frankly I think that I might have a bad .cdi file of the game cos all my 11 other games work perfectly...

TANK you all very much for answering :)
Try to press "+" some times in order to "overclock" the emulator before the Sega logo (set the CPU to 120 or higher). It may help you solve the problem. Also, does the game show an intro before it loads?

OP
B

B_Killer

KingSky said:
What is the name of the disk when you mount the image.
Mine says VF3_KAL
If your's is called something else then you gotta a problem.

Hmm... I think you have I point there... cos it says link something instead of VF3_KAL... now I’m definitely sure that it is a bad .cdi file...

The strange thing is that it says VF3_KAL when I mount it before I do the fast boot fix... so it could be 3 things, either I’m doing something wrong, with the fast boot, or the file is already in fast boot mode and just needs to be converted to .cdi... or the file is simply corrupted...

PsyMan said:
Try to press "+" some times in order to "overclock" the emulator before the Sega logo (set the CPU to 120 or higher). It may help you solve the problem. Also, does the game show an intro before it loads?

Nope no game intro whatsoever... except for the DC and SEGA TM thingy in the beginning...

THANK you all again for answering... :)

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Try to mount the ISO without doing the fast boot fix (so that that it says VF3_KAL). If the game is already bootable the sega logo will appear (in that case you don't need fast boot). Then press some buttons after the sega logo and the game should work.

KingSky

When u do the fastboot thing it turns the game image name into link thats normal and also if you do the fastboot thing then the game will only mount with daemon tool, the game will no longer mount with Alcohol after fastboot. But thats not your problem because VF3 is already cracked with fastboot in other words don't fuck with it use as it is. Cause if you do then it won't work anymore. Next time when you download a game try mounting it and seeing if works before doing the fastboot thing. So I hope you have the orginal game image before you tampered with it cause otherwise you'll have to redownload it again.