PDA

View Full Version : Area 52 - Discussions here

Knuckles
May 9th, 2004, 17:17
1st: It will be part of a mod (later) so maps right now are to enjoy them only ;) , later, you'll have PD characters/weapons/controls/HUD and so :P

2nd: little update, know what? Area 52!

Gekko
May 9th, 2004, 23:13
Looks hot. Of course, the ladders to get out of the moat will be useless in UT, need that PD mod no-jumping thingy ;)

Have fun making that one, can't wait.

Knuckles
May 9th, 2004, 23:18
not really, even when double jumping you can't get out :P so you need the ladders ;)

Gekko
May 14th, 2004, 02:15
Any progress to report on this beauty?

Knuckles
May 14th, 2004, 02:50
Well, I'm currently a bit busy with my exams , but next week, I'll start working hard on it ;)

Modem
May 14th, 2004, 04:21
Knuckles updates it when it needs updating, so try not to bug him. :P

But, of course, if he doesn't post anything for months, then you start bugging. :D
- Modem

Uber-Master
June 5th, 2004, 19:06
What ever happened to area 52? my FAVORITE map...ever! and by the way, you are amazing! PD was my fav N64 game, but i dont really have time for N64 anymore, so having this map would be awesome!

Knuckles
June 5th, 2004, 19:59
I'm stuck somewhere on Area52, I will continue it.... later ;)

Stezo2k
June 5th, 2004, 20:10
OMG, HOW ARE YOU DOING THIS?!?!

I have been trying like nuts to even come close to what you are doing in these games, and failing quite horibly. I think i figured out what im doing wrong. Ill check back later!

Ps great work

some n64 emulators offer texture saving etc, so this can make reconstruction easier, its not as easy as it sounds, but knuckles is doing a good job :)

Viper_Viper
June 6th, 2004, 21:59
some n64 emulators offer texture saving etc, so this can make reconstruction easier, its not as easy as it sounds, but knuckles is doing a good job :)

I know this, if you look back a few pages, ive posed some pix of Link that i riped. Im trying to get UED because 3Ds Max is alittle out of my leage, and i want to make maps for UT 2004

Dysprosium
June 7th, 2004, 20:39
Hey Knuckles.. is it possible for you to make some Conker's Bad Fur day ones, like the Frenchies level? :whistling

Inky
June 9th, 2004, 05:36
Just posting quick. If it's been posted before, pardon me, but do you make the levels custom, or extract them from the game itself?

Knuckles
June 9th, 2004, 14:57
only textures are extracted, everything else is started from scratch (blank sheet :P)

smcd
June 9th, 2004, 21:34
Props for the nice work. One of the greatest things about the UT series is the expandability and the fact that it's ENCOURAGED (tools included on the newer 2k3/2k4 CDs) Nice work.

Inky
June 10th, 2004, 00:44
Well, I was on Atari forums, and seen what you were using for making the maps. I've now downloaded the requirments, just like to say thank you.

Inky
June 11th, 2004, 01:12
Sorry to double post, but I seem to have a problem. When ever I use the TR64 Tile Dumper plugin, and set the UCode to Perfect Dark before and when the game is loaded. Now when the game starts to play, P64 gets an error. Any help?

Gladiac0190
June 26th, 2004, 21:27
hmmm, hey knuckles, what about a little ut2k4-fight? I'm not superhypermegagreat but it seems that you know what you're doing in UT so i just wanted to ask for a 1on1 or dm ;D.

CY:G
July 1st, 2004, 01:23
/CY:G saving page in favorites
/CY:G Jumping in joy
/CY:G Crying :'(

OMG, Perfect Dark is one of the best games i've ever played, i cant believe what you are doing, i just downloaded your 3 maps, they are great and extremely fun, im planning a LAN party for this 3 maps only as i have friends that used to love playing PD multiplayer...

Anyways, i have to say its amazing and man pleaz keep doing more PD maps and release PD mod for UT2004, im SO waiting for it...

Cheers....

sethdonut
July 14th, 2004, 07:46
Let me just express how grateful I am to see work like this being done. Knuckles, you are awesome :D

Keep up the great work.

CY:G
July 14th, 2004, 18:01

Knuckles
August 27th, 2004, 22:48
well well welll, talking of updates, I actually sorted my problems over Area 52, it's fixed and the room is partially done, only the Inside + slidding doors/windows panels & Holes are missing. There how it looks like :

christf1982
August 28th, 2004, 05:10
Nice job!

Knuckles
November 21st, 2004, 16:17
The fact is.... as soon as the 2st GE beta is released, we will merge stuff from Perfect Dark.

I can't work a lot on it a lot, I worked a bit on Area52 some days ago when I had some free time, and with the current Dolwin beta testing, It takes most of the rest of my free time. + again, school , homeworks, work.... *sigh*

Knuckles
December 29th, 2004, 08:53
Post here any opinions, bugs or questions you may have about this map :)