What's new

GameCube-to-PC controller adapter

clip

I already posted this in the General GC Discussion forum but noticed that this board had more responses. Please forgive the impertinence as I am quite anxious in find the answers I seek:

"I was wonderig if anyone here can help me find a quality adapter that will allow me to use my newly acquired GameCube controller on my PC. I've only come across: 1) the Skillz Cube Connection USB; 2) Super Joybox 13; and 3) the Trio Linker by EMS.

I'd like to get a SmartJoy GC-2-PC adapter but am not aware of one that exists nor have a clue as to when one will be released by the company. Any info on this, the aforementioned products, as well as any other products would be greatly appreciated."

Martin

Administrator
Other thread closed, moved to appropriate forum.

I recommend Super Joybox 13.

DarkCube

AheadGames
The Super Joybox 13 works amazingly well, it had calibration problems with the L and R buttons but this can be fixed with a registry patch:

sj13_patch.zip

Super Joybox 13 GameCube-USB Adapter

Install the MayFlash driver *first*, then patch.

Will fix axes of gamepad so left stick is X, Y and C-stick is Z, RZ
and map the L and R triggers to sliders instead of axes.
Install this patch while the adapter is unplugged.
If changes do not take effect uninstall the adapter, unplug it, install the patch, and reconnect it.

Adapter notes: Hold L+R+Start to enter/exit dance mat mode. Directional buttons
will be mapped to buttons 11-14 instead of POV hat.
Hold Start to enter/exit digital mode. C-stick, trigger axes will be frozen.

Patch author: tjsynkral http://Joypad.GadgetScope.com/

We're now selling these so you can pick one up cheaply from AheadGames:
http://www.aheadgames.com/xcart/customer/product.php?productid=16155&cat=410&page=1

OP
C

clip

Thanks for the tips, everybody. It looks like I'm going with the Smart Joybox 13 and I will definitely consider buying it from DarkCube's site.