What's new

more Arcade friendly Jnes

DJ_Night

Greetings, first I would like to thank Jnes author for this great emulator which brings life to the good old games from the good old days.

Many of us are using Jnes on our personal arcade cabins with front-ends, it would really be nice if Jnes would be more "arcade friendly" like zsnes; (command line optios)

1. A Option to disable GUI
2. ESC, button closes/exit the Jnes emulator (key bindings)

keep up the good work, I´ve been using Nesticle for ages, but when I found this emulator it became my main default Nes emulator directly. The sound output is amazing. cheers, /Milad, stockholm, sweden.

Last edited:

Jabo

Emulator Developer
the UI should be disabled in full screen (this btw contradicts someone else who actually wants the UI visible in full screen :p)

yer ESC is provided as a way to get out of full screen, it's kind of like the stupid persons' panic button i guess .. i dont think exiting the emulator would help tho

Jnes doesn't have any command line options.. (i really hate those!) but if you set up jnes on your machine you can run it through the command line

like "jnes myromimage.nes" would auto load that image, and if you have "auto full screen" on for example this would result in jnes just loading the game ... you get the idea, it's rather tweakable

OP
D

DJ_Night

hi, thanks for the answer, that was not exactly what I ment :), The GUI is hidden when using the "auto fullscreen" function but it is still running in the background and you can still have access to it when pressing "ESC" button.

in Zsnes.ini and other emus when you set "; GUI Disable (1 = Disable GUI, 0 = Enable GUI)" then the only way to launch games is by command prompt/shortcuts, and there is no GUI to return to. "ESC" kills the emu then :)

Im using "jnes.exe romname.nes" to launch games from the frontend and it is set to "auto fullscreen",

the main purpose of disabling the GUI is mainly for those that are running a locked/self running public arcade machine with no keyboard and dont want the users to have access to the EMU gui, and a easy way to close the EMU with one button and return to the frontend.