What's new

Sound issues; snap, crackle, pop.

Trace_Macho

With Conker's BFD I am getting some serious audio stuttering with the occasional snap, crackle and pop. As more detail appears on screen the audio gets worse. I've tried a few audio plugins but they all seem to have the same problem, so I am back to using Jabo's DirectSound 1.5 plugin (Project 64 1.5)
Any help would be handy.

System;
Duron 800
512 SDRAM
Geforce 4 MX440
Soundblaster Live!
Windows XP

Clements

Try syncing the game to audio in Jabo's audio settings (you'll need to start the game first). You may still get the stuttering in busy areas due to your processor not keeping up, but it'll help in other less busy bits.

OP
T

Trace_Macho

It helps a fraction, but still getting some frequent stuttering (espiacelly during conversations) and music slowdown.

OP
T

Trace_Macho

I cannot imagine why, all games on Project 64 used to run peachy clean with pretty much the exact specs.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
After you run the game from the emulator options: Settings, Options, uncheck the "hide advanced settings" tab and click ok. Then go to options, settings again and then to the ROM properties. Then increase the "counter factor" value and turn the "advanced block linking" on. The game will be faster but chopier.

OP
T

Trace_Macho

Aaah, I see now. Thanks.
I've played with the counter factor a bit, and turned on advanced block linking. Its a slight improvement but still has significant sound chop. Atleast now it doesn't make me want to grind me teeth so much.