What's new

could i please get some help with Mario64

manta

hey all i had been using project 64 for awhile, then i stopped playing roms for awhile, but tonight i got the urge to break out project 64 and play some mario 64 which use to run awesomely on project 64, but now when i load it up the audio sounds fine but the video is totally messed up, like at the beginning with mario's head all you can see is black and a little bit of his read hat, then i press enter and its a black screen but sound still working fine, then i press enter again to go to the profile screen, black screen with good audio, then i press enter one more time to start the game, audio still fine through all of this, anyway the game starts, black screen with the word peach and then to the part where the camera is moving through the area and its mostly black with some colours and designs, its trying to show me the video but its just chopped up bits all over the place.

any help would be greatly appreciated thank you in advance and i'm sorry for the bad grammer i am in a rush as i write this XD

CooLa

SSj4 Warrior
Hmmm, did u install new vga drivers??? had same problem with radeon 9200, after installing new drivers, or did u change graphics plugin???

OP
M

manta

well i just recently re installed my OS and got the newest drivers for my video card, GeForce 4 4200 128MB.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Make sure that you're not using any cheats and from the video plugin settings uncheck the "hide advanced settings" box and make sure that none of the advanced and rom settings is selected.

gandalf

Member ready to help
install the lates drivers for your mobo/chipset,update direct-x to the Latest version

CooLa

SSj4 Warrior
Roll back to previous drivers for nvidia g-force best ones for p64(mine conclusion) are 44.03