What's new

Run Chankast at a custom 848x480 res

ballzdeepx

Well first off, great emu!
Just wondering if I can run a custom resolution somehow of 848x480.
I dont see a config file that will let me do it like most emulators.
I run my emus on my home theater pc so i need a custom resolution.

Thanks in advance!

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
There is no a way to run it at a custom resolution unless if you hack it or use a third party application. As far as I know there isn't an application that lets you run it at that specific resolution

OP
B

ballzdeepx

damn I was hoping this wasnt true.
maybe next release will allow it. I can only hope, I really like this EMU.

tanminh

just open the emulator and then manually expand the emulator till it fit ur screen, or just use full screen

OP
B

ballzdeepx

well I need to run it in full screen, this is a personal prefrence, but my options are only the 3 default ones provided in the options menu. If I cant do a custom resolution, then it wont show up on my tv at all. It would just go black, thats why I need the custom 848x480 resolution.

spunky

mad dog...
viperjp said:
Remeber that Intel x86 stores data using little endian form so if for instance you want a resolution of 400 x 300 (0190h x 012Ch) you need to overwrite data at 00003E4Dh with 9001h and data at 00003E57h with 2C01h (note the inverted byte order).

for 848x480:
viperjp said:
Remeber that Intel x86 stores data using little endian form so if for instance you want a resolution of 848 x 480 (0350h x 01E0h) you need to overwrite data at 00003E4Dh with 5003h and data at 00003E57h with E001h (note the inverted byte order).

...or ask viperjp.

Last edited:
OP
B

ballzdeepx

Well, Im happy to report that it worked. Thanks for the actual Hex info.
.Only thing that sux is for some reason SF3ts wont let me adjust the screen in game.
all other ones like mvc2 do. Oh well. Im a happy camper. Once the speed for these games gets optimized things will be great.