What's new

Joypad - Button unison

Funuggets

I can't seem to get the control stick and a button to work simultaneously. Here's the details:

-Using "Boom PSX+N64 Converter," which plugs into the serial port. Has 2 slots in which a PSX or N64 controller can be used.
-Using a mint-condition N64 controller with the above device.
-Controller works perfectly, control stick works very accurately, no other problems...

An example of my problem:

In Starfox 64, I can't do a u-turn or do that... thing where you turn completely around (in "All range mode"). It requires the control stick to be held down while pushing (in my configuration) C-Down or C-Left simultaneously. The weird part is that I reversed the d-pad and control stick (so now I use the control pad to move) and it worked fine. I really don't mind the difference, but can anyone help getting the control stick to work with other buttons? Thanks in advance... ask any questions about more details if you need to...

shadowstrike

didu ever think that the software providing PJ64 with the data might be defunct??

update the drivers, thats all i can say. either that, or PJ64 wasnt designedto have a controller plugged into it...
also the serial port is kinda slow...

Allnatural

shadowstrike said:
...or PJ64 wasnt designed to have a controller plugged into it...
???

Anyway, I've never had the described problem, but I'm using a USB adapter. I wasn't aware that Boom made a version for serial ports.