PDA

View Full Version : How to load downloaded save games with vba

spyro32
November 22nd, 2004, 16:30
hey can u guys tell me how to load save games that are downloaded :paperbag: ?its in sps format.thanks. :term:

MrC13
December 5th, 2004, 20:48
hey can u guys tell me how to load save games that are downloaded :paperbag: ?its in sps format.thanks. :term:

now first, you should change the file format to .sgm in order to run it in the emulator, next, just put in the same location of the rom.
run the rom, and the save should be running to.

if it doesn't work, or if you don't understand something, tell me!!

out and off.....

Illidan
December 29th, 2004, 21:22
i tried what you said and it said unsupported visualboyadvance save game version 13.

MrC13
December 30th, 2004, 12:22
it didn't work? :huh:
what version of VBA are you using?
I have the old 1.7Beta and it works perfectelly fine for me...
It can also be because of the save tipe you're using.I'm using the Automatic save option,and it stills gives no problems...
strange... :alien2:

Illidan
December 30th, 2004, 21:16
i use 1.6

MrC13
January 2nd, 2005, 23:05
have you tried seeing what save type you're using?
you could also try to get your hands on a newer version of VBA,1.6 it's kinda old,but as longs as it works!! :P
but tell me,the emulator gives you that error in both save formats?

blackdragon_21
July 18th, 2005, 07:38
no no no don't change the file type all you have to do is load the game then when the game is loaded simply go to file>>import>>gameshark snapshot. becuse sps is a sharkport file type. try this and let me know what happend @ webmaker88@hotmail.com

wilber
July 22nd, 2008, 23:30
So i have a .sps file sat here. I load the game in VBA then click File>>Import>>GameShark Snapshot. It loads the game, as if it was the first time of using and askes me to make a new game.

HELP

:-)

squall_leonhart
July 30th, 2008, 07:06
it means its not compatible with your game.

Jimleko
August 1st, 2008, 23:45
Try changing the name to match the name of your ROM file, minus the file extension.

Agozer
August 2nd, 2008, 02:28
VBA's Import feature doesn't rely on the filenames matching each other, you know.

squall_leonhart
August 3rd, 2008, 05:52
exactly, the save is likely for another region of the game