What's new

How do I extract models?

J450n64

I heard you can extract models from N64 game sand put them in GTA Vice city, Unreal etc. on the PC. How do i do this?

NINJA!!!!

im a noob and im also interested in model extraction. i urgently need the models from pokemon stadium 1 to apply in a project. can someone plz tell me how can i extract the models and the animations?

NINJA!!!!

im sorry for my dumness but i just started today so you have to be patient with me. the plugin that was on the link is for nemu and unfortunely i use project64. as far has i know, nem doesnt support pokemon stadium because ive tried and it just doesnt work (dont know why).
by now here my my questions:
.what programs do i need to extract models?
.were can i get nemu? i got an older version but i dont know were i can get the latest.
.how is the process to extract models?
.do i need a 3d modeler (like 3d studio max) to extract models?

probably u guys just have seen more than 100 of this noob threads and believe me, i searched these forums but i couldnt found a clear answer for my questions.

plz just be patient with me and explain me clearly this model extraction stuff because i really need to know how does it works.

Last edited:

Chibi Nick

Emutalk Member
NINJA!!!! said:
im sorry for my dumness but i just started today so you have to be patient with me. the plugin that was on the link is for nemu and unfortunely i use project64. as far has i know, nem doesnt support pokemon stadium because ive tried and it just doesnt work (dont know why).
by now here my my questions:
.what programs do i need to extract models?
.were can i get nemu? i got an older version but i dont know were i can get the latest.
.how is the process to extract models?
.do i need a 3d modeler (like 3d studio max) to extract models?

probably u guys just have seen more than 100 of this noob threads and believe me, i searched these forums but i couldnt found a clear answer for my questions.

plz just be patient with me and explain me clearly this model extraction stuff because i really need to know how does it works.
First of all, you have to have some knowledge of animating 3d models and a program like 3dsmax.

You need nemu (Does the plugin work with other emulators?). You can get nemu from the bottom of the main emutalk page where it says "downloads" and then click on "emulators"

You will be able to extract the model, but you will have to import it into a 3d modelling program. Then you will have to put animations to the model. This is difficult and you will have to know the program well and know how to do it. It takes a while aswell. After that, you'll have to find a plugin for 3dsmax to export the model to the game you want to put it to.

And then of course there's the fact that the models for the n64 suck ass. They were good for their time and for the n64, but for pc they suck. They are too low poly to look half decent in any pc game. And with the work involved, you could've just modelled your own and animated it aswell in almost the same amount of time.

Andddddd then there's the fact that the 3d models are copyrighted. They are property of nintendo and their modellers. It is illegal to extract and use them without permission. Of course emulators and roms walk along that legal line and I'm pretty sure no one actually cares.

It's a difficult process. You might just skip the extracting and learn yourself some 3d modelling.

NINJA!!!!

got nemu has u told me but now i have two more problems:
1 - i dont know how to apply the plugin
2 - the specific game i want to open (pokemon stadium) doesnt load.

what shall i do now?

dreamer

i just got the models extracting now on OOT using the plugin in 1964...i wonder how long this will take.. *sees the little computer light flashing* its slowing down my computer

NINJA!!!!

downloaded 1964 and tried to apply the plugin there. an error message appeared each time i try to load the rom:

''File:.\Direct3d.cpp
Line:24
Error Code: D3DERR_INVALIDCALL (0x8876086c)
Calling:Error in Lemmy's video dll
Do You want to debug the application?''

and when i click ''Yes'' another message appears:

''80057ABC Exception in emulation thread''

can someone tell me wtf is that and what should i do now?

NINJA!!!!

finally got the bastard working. i downloaded the last version of nemu (which was after all the solution to my problem) and loaded the game with the plugin and activated the ''export VRML'' option. what must i do now?

Gorxon

Administrator
Do NOT post several posts in a row. Use the edit button. Oh, and act just like you do now and you might see a temporary ban coming in the near future. People will eventually read your posts, but they might not have an answer for you.

What you must do now is run a game. My advice however is to turn off "export VRML", then start a game. When you are in the spot in the game you want to extract, go to video options and enable export VRML. It will now run very slow, but you can just go disable it again after some seconds. Now go check C:\VRML and the dump should be there.

NINJA!!!!

sry for triple postin but i waited 3 days for an answer and which can be a bit annoying and i really need those models. anyway, i created the VRML folder but the emulator extracts the output.vrml directly to C:\.

thanks for your help.