What's new

Can you help me please?

mazzam

MazzaM
Hello Emutalk, I have just joined solely to ask for some help, whenever I try to access project 64 now, it comes up with this message:

Failed to allocate memory

Does anyone know how to deal with this problem?

chris.s

I have had the following problem on 3 compleatly differnt computers and all have been fixed by removing a background program\driver that was run at boot time.

Run MSCONFIG goto Startup tab
Run Taskmanager and goto Process tab
Kill each process one by one listed in msconfig using the taskmanager. Try to run proj64 every time you kill a process.

Eventually you should find the program responsable for the conflict. you could then
A. uncheck the program in MSCONFIG to prevent it from loading during boot
B. Uninstall the responsable program
c. Kill the specific process each time before you load proj 64.

I have had this problem with winXP/ Xp SP1/ Xp sp2 and I was able to fix it this way on each system. On each system it was a differnt process but the problem and solution were the same as above.

Types of programs to start with: mouse, keyboard and driver extensions that show up in the bottom right hand task bar.

Good Luck

p.s. dont count on the authors fixing this problem as it would take WAY too much time to find the root cause, and once you do this fix, proj64 runs flawlessly.

Jazzi

Have you solved the problem yet?

For me and this other fellow the problem was a windows update.

Ever since I installed the windows update KB841356, windows no longer likes something PJ64 does and gives the failed to allocate memory error on my pc.

It is for me as simple as this, I put the windows update KB841356 on and PJ64 does not work, I take KB841356 off and PJ64 works.

Which is not very nice since I don't really like to recommend removing a fix to a known security issue in windows. I would at least recommend that you make sure that you give your firewall and virus scanner a good checkup before you remove the update (that is if you have the update) as it will mean having not as secure a system and relying more upon your firewall and virus checker to do the job.

The original forum entry is here http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=24586

Nick