What's new

Virtual Fighter 3 running at 30fps?

KingSky

I'm only asking because I noticed in the compatibility list Virtual Fighter 3 is stated to run at FULL SPEED, but I can't seem to get it to run any higher than 30fps half of what it should be.
All my other games work fine including SF3 ts, CapvSNK and etc.
It's just this damn virual fighter, and thats like my favourite dreamcast game one of the only reasons I've kept the system.

Anyway here's my system spec
Centrino Dothan 2.0 gig cpu
1 gig DDR333 Ram
Nvidia FX 5200 go 64meg
Win XP pro SP2

Please anyone who has this game running at 60fps help me figure it out?
Thanks

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Just underclock or overclock the dreamcast CPU... and does the screen show 30/30 or 30/60? Probably the game only runs with 30 FPS?

OP
KingSky

KingSky

MasterPhW said:
Just underclock or overclock the dreamcast CPU... and does the screen show 30/30 or 30/60? Probably the game only runs with 30 FPS?

How do you overclock the dream cast CPU? and yes it does say 30/30 even though the game can run at 60fps I've seen it run at 60/60 everyonce in a blue moon.
When i play the game everything appears to be in slow motion wierd.

Ly Mathews

I don't like Castlevania
KingSky said:
How do you overclock the dream cast CPU? and yes it does say 30/30 even though the game can run at 60fps I've seen it run at 60/60 everyonce in a blue moon.
When i play the game everything appears to be in slow motion wierd.

Press - to underclock and + to overclock. MasterPhW even if the emulator shows 30/30 does not means that the game run at that speed.

OP
KingSky

KingSky

I can't get Chankast to overclock on my notebook because my keyboard doesn't have a numpad with -,+ keys it's all integrated with_,=,keys. So I can't use Chankast's overclocking function.
I hope the next version is more laptop compatible. If someone figures out to use the overclock function on a laptop keyboard please enlighten me.
Anyway, I did manage to get the game to work at around 40fps on my friends PC with the CPU overclocked to 130 and aphatest zwrite on. Far from full speed.

Thanks for the reply guys, I guess my next question is how do you use the overclock function on a laptop keyboard, aside from pluging in an external keyboard with a numpad :huh:

WhiteX

Flamengo sempre eu hei de ser...
sorry ppl just got carried away with my soccer team anthem, Ly dude, i kinda don´t like Megaman either. He, he, he.

OP
KingSky

KingSky

Damn it didn't work, i guess Chankast doesn't understand vitual keyboard. :yucky:
Man I gotta write a letter to those chanka ppl and tell them to put the damn CPU control keys a buttons that everyone has.
Well thats that looks like i'll have to wait for the next Chanka to play VF3 on the go. I'll pray that they change the overclock keys.

Ly Mathews

I don't like Castlevania
KingSky said:
Damn it didn't work, i guess Chankast doesn't understand vitual keyboard. :yucky:
Man I gotta write a letter to those chanka ppl and tell them to put the damn CPU control keys a buttons that everyone has.
Well thats that looks like i'll have to wait for the next Chanka to play VF3 on the go. I'll pray that they change the overclock keys.

That's strange, it worked for me. :plain:

Ly Mathews

I don't like Castlevania
Yes, apparently the Windows Virtual Keyboard does not act like a independent keyboard and just make a mapping of the atual keyboard, so if your keyboard don't have some buttons it won't be usable in the virtual keyboard.

OP
KingSky

KingSky

Yeah, I hope they address this problem in their next release, 102 keys to choose from and they have to pick the ones that mobile users don't have.
Either that or I'll have to get use to carrying around an extra keyboard lol.

WhiteX

Try notebookforums.com or randyrants.com, they have interesting things about keybooard remapping through windows registry. good luck!