What's new

Monitor Problem

revl8er

That Damn Good
I have a viewsonic G90fb-2 crt monitor and it is giving me problems. Whenever I have it set to 1024x768 resolution at 60hertz the screen gets all messed up. The screen gets really small and messes up. It doesn't mess up with any other resolution and I have already tried using different drivers for the monitor and I also changed my gfx card drivers to the newest official drivers. If you guys can give me any kind of help I would appreciate it.

Eagle

aka Alshain
Try a higher refresh rate, from what I can tell of your specs your monitor has preset timing modes at that resolution for 75Hz & 85Hz

OP
R

revl8er

That Damn Good
Yeah I have to use higher refresh rates, but games such as gtavc use a refresh rate of 60hertz and it gets all messed up. I set my gfx settings to use 85 hertz with applications running at 1024x768. Hopefully it won't mess anything up in the long run.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Try using a different display timing from the driver configuration of your video card. It may also be a video card or monitor driver issue.

Eagle

aka Alshain
Mystic Gohan said:
Yeah I have to use higher refresh rates, but games such as gtavc use a refresh rate of 60hertz and it gets all messed up. I set my gfx settings to use 85 hertz with applications running at 1024x768. Hopefully it won't mess anything up in the long run.

Nvidia cards have the ability to override refresh rates. Go into the Nvidia advanced display properties and enable refresh rate override and set 1024x768 to 85 Hz... or is this what you are saying you already did? If so, did it work? Using refresh rate override wont mess anything up permanently (you can always disable it if it conflicts with another program) unless your monitor doesn't support the rate at that resolution. Letting a monitor be out of sync for too long could damage it so try to avoid mis-setting it like you did when you had it at 60 and then leaving it that way for an extended time.

Finally, you could go in and set up an advanced timing mode for 60Hz, the monitor will support 60Hz, it just doesn't have a default timing mode for it. Be carefull you set everything according to your monitor specs because this can damage your monitor if done incorrectly.

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Mystic Gohan said:

The stuck at 60hz problem is caused by Windows XP and Windows 2000. Please try the refresh override option in dxdiag.exe.

ggab

Emutalk Member
RJARRRPCGP said:
The stuck at 60hz problem is caused by Windows XP and Windows 2000. Please try the refresh override option in dxdiag.exe.
where is that refresh override option? :alien2: