What's new

Sound prob in Rez - anything I can do?

rocksy77

Hello!

I'm a n00b to chankast - just got it yesterday! RUnning smooth as f**k on my laptop! I'm reeeal impressed! However I had some problems in Rez (which is the only game I've tried so far) with the sound, and I was wondering if it's because of my setup/soundcard or because chankast is having problems with this one.

The problem goes like this:
The sound works perfectly in the beginning until a certain moment (which differs from time to time), when the background music sound seems to be "cut short". Like I can hear them being triggered, but all of them only play for a millisec. So what should be "doonk chk doonk chk flpa doonk chk doonk chk" becomes "dnk clk dnk clk fp dnk clk dnk clk" (if that makes it any clearer at all?). Now every new sound that comes into the game is played out like it should, but the background beat is gone.... so it's a bit boring to play, since the music is so important.

Apart from that there aren't any glitches in the sound.

I was just wondering if anybody are experiencing the same problems, or if this is because of my setup. Any changes I can do in soundcard settings etc? Is it possible to run the game with the sound perfectly on chankast?

I am presently using a Dell D800 with a Geforce4 go 4200 and the built in Sigmatel Audio soundcard. I've also tested the game with a M-audio firewire 410 external soundcard, but then I only got even more breakups and glitches in sound..

So, any help?

And yeah... I know chankast is not perfect and that it's not finished...

Ly Mathews

I don't like Castlevania
Man, Chankast is not perfect and that it's not finished...hehe :p , just kidding, but you should perform a search before ask because it was answered before and the problems you are having are known problems, it's not you setup.

bombjack

rocksy77 said:
Hello!

I'm a n00b to chankast - just got it yesterday! RUnning smooth as f**k on my laptop! I'm reeeal impressed! However I had some problems in Rez (which is the only game I've tried so far) with the sound, and I was wondering if it's because of my setup/soundcard or because chankast is having problems with this one.

The problem goes like this:
The sound works perfectly in the beginning until a certain moment (which differs from time to time), when the background music sound seems to be "cut short". Like I can hear them being triggered, but all of them only play for a millisec. So what should be "doonk chk doonk chk flpa doonk chk doonk chk" becomes "dnk clk dnk clk fp dnk clk dnk clk" (if that makes it any clearer at all?). Now every new sound that comes into the game is played out like it should, but the background beat is gone.... so it's a bit boring to play, since the music is so important.

Apart from that there aren't any glitches in the sound.

I was just wondering if anybody are experiencing the same problems, or if this is because of my setup. Any changes I can do in soundcard settings etc? Is it possible to run the game with the sound perfectly on chankast?

I am presently using a Dell D800 with a Geforce4 go 4200 and the built in Sigmatel Audio soundcard. I've also tested the game with a M-audio firewire 410 external soundcard, but then I only got even more breakups and glitches in sound..

So, any help?

And yeah... I know chankast is not perfect and that it's not finished...

Yes, as they said you'd better tried to find it by the Search Tool...
Howeverrr, i understand you because i was beginning with REZ in Chankast to see how it performs and the sound problem is a REAL annoying thing. So as you can see not your specs fault.
Let's hope new release fix things like this!

Regards,
bj