What's new

1964 and new hardware

martin_b

Hi :)

In former times, I had a motherboard Soyo with a processor P4 to 1.5 Ghz, with RAM 256 mb's SDRAM, on Windows 98 se with all his updates. With a videocard GeForce2 mx 100/200 with DirectX 9b. He has all of the installed chipset.
With this hardware, my emulator 1964 worked perfectly.

But a month ago, change my motherboard to an Asus P4P800 SE, with a CPU P4 HT of 3 Ghz, with RAM DDR of 512 mb, on the same operating system and with the same videocard, but with DirectX 9c. Also with the installed chipset.

When I execute the emulator 1964, a message of error appears to me, forcing me to close.
Also he gives me errors and blue screens with another emulator: Mameplus. Exceptionally, there are emulators that continue working trouble-free: Neoragex, virtual colecovision, virtual nes, ePSXe, gens, zsnes )

Would somebody tell to oneself that it occurs? :geek:

Thanks.
icon10.gif

gandalf

Member ready to help
Well,maybe you need to format the hard disk (if the WIN installation is as old as your old computer).

And well....i think you are a little short with the power suply so........how many Watts has?

LAst think: you need Win XP for 1964

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
gandalf said:
LAst think: you need Win XP for 1964

No. 1964 will run with Windows 98 SE and later. The only emulator that requires Windows 2000 and later, AFAIK is Chankast. Maybe some others.

SubCog

I think your first concern should be replacing that mobo. Soyo's have always had incompatibilty issues, and will never be resolved. I'd recommend going with a nforce2 chipset, or at least a kt600. Good luck.