What's new

Pilotwings 64 Crash/Slow GFX

IMP@QT

EMU Master
OK, at first i tryed to play this game, when the island would come at you, it felt like you were in the matrix, and then i tryed to play it, it would crash. Fine, no biggie, changed the plugin. But now, its slower than ever before and the graphics are all a mess. Any suggestions as to what plugin(s) to use? Or a fix? ANY help would be highly appreciated.

System Specs.
Pentium 4 2ghz
512MB SDRAM
16MB RIVA TNT 2x AGP(installed)
64MB gForce4 MX 440SE 64MB PCI(uninstalled)

Clements

Did you try Rice's Video? That should work well with this game and with no shadow (without the cheat).

OP
I

IMP@QT

EMU Master
Clements said:
Did you try Rice's Video? That should work well with this game and with no shadow (without the cheat).
Everytime i try to use Rices Video, it crashes, with a Windows error. "This program has caused an illegal operation and must shut down"

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
IMP@QT said:
If u mean Jabos D3D6 1.51, its not working either, man...... :bye3:
He meant Jabo's 1.5 (not 1.5.1) but I suspect that it won't work either. You could use Jabo's 1.4 or Glide64 v0.7 SP7 + Hacktarux's glide wrapper.

OP
I

IMP@QT

EMU Master
My specs...
P4 2ghz
512MB pc133 ram
RIVA TNT 16MB 2x AGP video

What plugins are best for this card?

I have a gforce4 MX 440se w/ 64MB vram(PCI) but, oddly, its slower than the riva :happy: :p :yucky: crazy aint it? PCI runs quake 3 at 45-75 fps. The riva runs quake 3 at 65-100 fps. Both with 20 characters being draw in my fov

--sorry i got off topic-- :p

Last edited: