What's new

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 Can't Save

weicool

I'm playing Marvel vs. Capcom 2 on Chankast, and can't seem to save my game. When the game starts, it tells me that I don't have enough memory blocks. Is there anything I can do to save the game?

Last edited:

Cid

Did you go to the bios and format your memory card or delete some block you don't need?

Cid

Technically you have unlimited block. For example if your first memory card is vms.bin and you need more more block, you can a backup of vms.bin (by renaming it something else like vms.bin.old) and then format vms.bin to get more memory. Now you have an old save and a new save for different games.

OP
W

weicool

Cid said:
Technically you have unlimited block. For example if your first memory card is vms.bin and you need more more block, you can a backup of vms.bin (by renaming it something else like vms.bin.old) and then format vms.bin to get more memory. Now you have an old save and a new save for different games.

Sorry, but how exactly do you do that?

Cid

Huh didn't you read my post? I wrote this:

you can a backup of vms.bin (by renaming it something else like vms.bin.old) and then format vms.bin to get more memory.

Suppose in the current memory card you have datas for Resident Evil and Skies of Arcadia. You play a new game like Sonic 2 and want to save but the card is full. What to do? The solution is to get another one. How?

Basicly make a copy of the vms.bin and rename it something else like vms.bin-1. Now you can format vms.bin and save your Sonic 2 datas. The next time you want to load Resident Evil, just rename vms.bin.1 back to vms.bin and you could play Resident Evil. Of course you make a backup of the vms.bin that contain Sonic 2 first. Got it?

ssj4v

Cid said:
yes, but what i mean is having unlimited blocks with just the one vms file without having to switch, like for playstation...

fivefeet8

-= Clark Kent -X- =-
You could use the VMS browser supplied by Chankast. It supports up to 8 VMS emulated memory carts.

OP
W

weicool

I still don't get it (my friend game me all the files). Well, I got a file called vmsbrowser.exe, and tried to import a save file: mvc2us.vmi. However, it tells me that I also need a .VMS file. What's this about?

nicknack

Excuse me, I have the saves for the game. The .DCI one, however I don't get what you mean by formatting the vms.bin. What do you mean by that?

Cid

Formatting the vms.bin mean deleting all the saves from the memory card. You just go to the bios screen, select file, and format the memory card.