What's new

Error: Please insert game disc (Can you you original game disks?)

d3crypt

Hello,

I recently found out about the great concept of DC emulation! Wow is all I can say... I can't wait to play all my old games I thought I might as well throw away... anyway, I have the latest version of Chankast and I have the binary files.. but when I try to run the original game disk such as SanFrancisco Rush 2049 or Crazy Taxi (yes, I read the compatiblity list) it simply brings up the audio player in the dreamcast... then... if I exit that and press "Play" on the DC's menu I get a "Please insert game disc" as if I have an invalid disk in the drive.

I'm running Windows XP Pro and I have tried all available cd-rom settings as well as 2 different cd-rom drives. Can you play Dreamcast games from the original disks with the emulator? If not, what program should I use to rip them to ISO and use a virtual drive to load from?

Please... any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Trotterwatch

You can't run original disks in a PC drive I'm afraid.

You can extract the files, but I believe you need a coders cable/network adaptor in your dreamcast and to connect that to your PC. There is no way to do so using the disk in your PC I am afraid.

OP
D

d3crypt

Well that ruins it for me I guess. All I wanted this to work for was San Francisco Rush 2049 its the only reason I got a dreamcast... it appears I'll have to buy a "backup copy" for a game I already own... thats great..

Anyway, thanks for the input.

Trotterwatch said:
You can't run original disks in a PC drive I'm afraid.

You can extract the files, but I believe you need a coders cable/network adaptor in your dreamcast and to connect that to your PC. There is no way to do so using the disk in your PC I am afraid.

pipox

I might be mistaking and perhaps i'm crossing a very thin line, but...isn't it legal to download software that you own?..i mean,..that's how it works with mp3 right?..if you own the cd it's not illegal to download..anyway..i'm not sure, it probably depends on where you live....