What's new

floppy drives kill people...

Stezo2k

S-2K
heh, saw this a few months back, pretty good never the less

as for floppy discs, heh can't think how long it's been since i've used one

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Most of the new comps don't have a floppy drive. I think that's a step in the wrong way...

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
MasterPhW_DX said:
Most of the new comps don't have a floppy drive. I think that's a step in the wrong way...

Why? They are pretty useless now. You're much better off burning a bootable rewritable CD or DVD. Several hundred megs worth of storage burned in only a few minutes, whereas it takes the same time if not longer to write 1.4 megabytes to a floppy.

Not to mention that most floppy disks that still exist these days are very old and are prone to failure.

OP
Allnatural

Allnatural

AlphaWolf said:
Why? They are pretty useless now.
How about when loading RAID drivers during a Win2000/XP installation? Unless there's an easier way I'm not aware of (short of slipstreaming).

-Shadow-

Banned
Allnatural said:
How about when loading RAID drivers during a Win2000/XP installation? Unless there's an easier way I'm not aware of (short of slipstreaming).

Doesn't the Win XP CD have 3rd party RAID Drivers on it ? When the to-install stuff gets loaded , i think i saw a little "To install third party Raid drivers press F6" . Maybe im wrong , but i really think there was something like that... I'm not sure it has to do something with that what you mentioned...

OP
Allnatural

Allnatural

-Shadow- said:
i think i saw a little "To install third party Raid drivers press F6" .
That's exactly what it says, and then you're prompted to insert a driver floppy.