What's new

need help with radeon 9200se plz

pfunkman

ok i get the good old direct3s failed to initialize your hal device...... i have tried everything from other posts and nothing works. i tried 16 bit color, tried enabling 32bit z buffer support, i have installed the oldest drivers i could find for my card, i have re-installed pj64 and directx9.0b many times. it used to work fine there is something i have installed that is preventing it from working. it does not work with older directx versions for me. but there are 2 things that have made it work. if i randomly switch between tv display my monitor extended desktop etc it will work sometimes?? no certain configuration does it it seems real random? and the oddest of all i was connected to the internet and zonealarm said it was trying to access the internet??? So i allowed it and sure enough it worked ....... for a while then it stopped again? this is the error log.
[2:50:09 AM 11/10/2004] Error 0x88760233 - Error creating 3D rendering surface
i can use rices plugin but it is pretty buggy. so some help would be nice.
maybe if everyone with this problem could put in this thread what they installed around the time it stopped working we could figure something out
i have tried un-installing zonealarm and avg but they dont seem to change it?

OP
P

pfunkman

well i take it nobody wants to help? oh well i figured out that if i remove the ATI software and just install the drivers everything works fine but i lose the TV functionality but without the software its automatically in clone mode for my card

scotty

The Great One
I have the same video card, however I never had this problem, however it went away when I switched over to 16-bit desktop. The problem is that it didnt work for you. I guess maybe you should try 1964, however I am not confident that this will solve your dilemma.