What's new

Majoras Mask: Huge problem that makes it unplayable

SlayerV2

Hello
I didn't know who or where to turn but here it goes.
When play MM the game screen alwas goes black at 5 am second day
is there a way to fix this , using another plugin or option in the emulator because i don't know what is wrong
The rest of the game works fine up to there.

All help will be apreciated

SlayerV2 :alien2:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Urr. thats normal, it'll pass if you give it time. or you can Uncheck "self rendering textures" in graphics plugin config, of course you have to also uncheck hide advanced settings there to actually see this option.

This will get rid of the problem but it will also disable the background when you press start from working correctly.

OP
S

SlayerV2

how long will that take .....
i gave a it a good 20-30 (might of miscounted) seconds
or should i be more patient or should put on the pause menu
what should i do
:alien2: Slayer

Last edited:

Deius

I have this same problem and for me this doesnt fix it. The screen still goes back. But when I uncheck that box it stops the framerate from messing up when this occurs. The screen still goes black when it goes to the next day around when the bell starts ringing.

Need feed back on how I can solve this plz.

Clements

Glide64 supports this. You'll need a wrapper and check the following options in Glide64 config: smart read, motion blur (optional), depth buffer clear, flame's corona fix and Hardware frame buffer emulation to be accurate to the game. Note: You may experience PC crippling slowdowns.

Deius

Thx for the advice Clements.

Speaking of this matter. Im trying to get Zelda: MM running the best I can.
My specs are:
Proccessor: AMD Athlon 2600+
RAM: 1024MB
Vid Card: 128MB Radeon 9200 (updated)
HD: 60 GB

Any suggestions that would get MM running at its best for me?

Clements

I'd say go Direct64 for this game. It fully supports the motion blur at 60fps, and lens of truth works, and the image quality is unmatched. I don't think the screen shrink is supported, but then again I haven't checked with this plugin.

Make sure you pick up the version with Orkin sampling and simulate overscan working, as well as the newest. Make sure you use the very latest catalysts for your 9200 or the plugin may just show a black screen otherwise.

Deius

Suggested emulator? I think i used this with PJ64 but the FPS at the lower coner would interupt the video. The overscan stopped the entire screen from blinking but it will continue to interupt and blink at the lower right hand of the screen.

Deius

*sigh* I dont think I'll ever get this right.

New issues are:
The screen will go toward the the lower right hand corner when the bell starts ringing for the next day. (Has occured with other emulators that I used Direct 64 with).

Also, the audio in 1964 is pretty bad and I cant seem to get other audio plugins to work with it.

BTW I have been at this for days now.

Last edited:

Clements

The screen will go toward the the lower right hand corner when the bell starts ringing for the next day. (Has occured with other emulators that I used Direct 64 with).

This is a bug that may be fixed in a future version. For now, you'll have to deal with it not being 100% flawless whichever plugin you use.

Also, the audio in 1964 is pretty bad and I cant seem to get other audio plugins to work with it.

Copy RSP.dll from PJ64 and select it in 1964 and use Jabo's audio + sync game to audio. This should give you perfect sound.

Deius

I still may be having some audio problems even after i added RSP and am using Jabo's Dsound synced. I dont know what it is. I still have a popping issue. But its 1964 bcuz in PJ64 its fine.