What's new

*gasp*

-Shadow-

Banned
Now THATS a big collection of games ! 100k Dollars is quite a lot for that , but with that bunch of original games it would pay off :eek:

Modem

ph33r teh hammy!
The $100,000 would only be something like $100. Every $1 you pay for insurance is $100, so $100 = $100,000. If you can afford to pay the $70,000, you can sure as hell afford to pay the extra $100 for the insurance. That guy's definately obsessed with Japanese games, though.
- Modem

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
Yeah it's mostly all Japanese stuff, which is great if you're a collector, but personally, I like my games in english.

Still though, what a huge collection.

GogoTheMimic

Pimpin' Red Mage
This guy claims to have Star Fox 2 for the Super Famicon. Um, that game was cancelled before it was released ANYWHERE.

blizz

GogoTheMimic said:
This guy claims to have Star Fox 2 for the Super Famicon. Um, that game was cancelled before it was released ANYWHERE.

that does beg the question of where did the beta rom for it come from?

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
IIRC StarFox/Starwing 2 (damn it... years on and I still despise the name change.) was indeed fully finished, and according to an issue of TOTAL! I happen to have lying around was shown in fully finished form several times, but never released as it was apparently pathetically easy and Nintendo didn't think the game was up to much.

There have been occasional mentions of unlabelled SNES preproduction carts (EDGE recently covered this) out there, some reportedly containing various early versions of StarfoxWingLylatWhatever, and most interestingly the early 3D Mario prototype... which I wish I could find some pictures of right now as the last I saw of it was on Gamesmaster a good 8 or so years ago.
Anyone else remember it?

Jaz

Ex-Mod
Stalkid64 said:
3D Mario prototype... which I wish I could find some pictures of right now as the last I saw of it was on Gamesmaster a good 8 or so years ago.
Anyone else remember it?

No, but I would certainly like to see some pictures..

GogoTheMimic

Pimpin' Red Mage
I knew the game was almost completed. Hell, EGM even reviewed it and had a cover story walkthrough for it by the time it was canned. I just wish an English version of the game existed and that somebody would've fixed the glaring bugs with it.

A 3D Mario prototype eh? Free cookies to anyone who finds more info on either of these. :D

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
I have vague memory of the 3D Mario prototype being on Gamesmaster. I remembered it again after reading that article in EDGE about unlabelled SNES carts.
It was a long-ish clip with a very basic-modelled small 3D city (that *may* have had a Mario statue IIRC and looked kind of desert-like in colour scheme, very open area), and extremely basic box-buildings, 90-degree-turn roads... I'm sure I'm not the only person who saw it.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Oh f*cking christ... but what was with this collection? Did someone buyed it?
He cancelled before someone buyed it, hasn't he?