What's new

help can't load project justice

lone_wolf

hmm i'm a newbie to dreamcast emulation... I can' play a self-boot copy of project justice from the cd rom drive (it works on a dreamcast)... BTW how do I make an ISO coz I used an ISO tool... magic iso or sumthin but the gamestilwon't load on daemon tools, when I run it the music player shows up, when I exit and select play it says insert game disc

plz help

OP
lone_wolf

lone_wolf

??? where... the game is already self boots on dream cast but for some strange reason it dosen't load from my cd rom drive whn I play chankast

lil' Hobo

set chankasts "Search" drive to the drive the cd's in.

Other wise its looking at a different drive and finding nothing.

OP
lone_wolf

lone_wolf

lil' Hobo said:
set chankasts "Search" drive to the drive the cd's in.

Other wise its looking at a different drive and finding nothing.

I already mounted the image using daemon and selected the virtual drive "f:"
but what loads is the music player...

how come when i try to use the exoboot utility to make an image, cmd.exe does nothing?

OP
lone_wolf

lone_wolf

hmm now I know why I can't get it to load :angry: it's an echelon release!!!!

isn't there anything I can do to make it load on chankast???

OP
lone_wolf

lone_wolf

Cid said:
Not quite. Mine is an echelon version with the intro and it work great :)

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: y can't mine work ??? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

did u downlaod it off the net? maybe my friend's disc is already FU**** up... well anyway i made tried ripping it with the exoboot thing by exoskeletor.. then burned it on a dsic... it still don't work.... what happens is when I selsct play.... the emu just restart

do you use "cd rom xxx" or "cd rom aspi" ??? BTW i dnt know why, but when i select cd rom aspi it goes error toc or something....

Last edited:

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
OMG!!! 2.6V for the Vcore value. LOL. It's obvious it's wrong, because it's not overclocked at all and Pentium 4s can't even handle 1.9V AFAIK.

Last edited:

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Holy crap, I noticed that too.

Must be a detection error.

Thanks Cid. I just wanted to know if your 2.6 was a NW C or not, given your Chankast performance. :)

Cid

@cooliscool Is there something wrong with the performance?

@ lone_wolf Yes, I got from the net. I use cd rom xxx becuase the other one gave me a toc error as well. Maybe you're missing some file? see pic below

OP
lone_wolf

lone_wolf

Cid said:
@ lone_wolf Yes, I got from the net. I use cd rom xxx becuase the other one gave me a toc error as well. Maybe you're missing some file? see pic below

huh.jpg

nope nothing missing... but I still cant load it...

when I start the emu, it asks me for the time twice... then it goes to the menu when I select play... it just restarts....

when I used an image I made from the exoboot... the muisic player came up...

maybe my bios is F***** up? or maybe my configuration settings are wrong...

pls help... coz this is the only dreamcast game that I like :happy:

Cid

Why don't you try a fresh bios? Sometime the bios does that to me as well. All I did was to replace it with a new one that Chankast hasn't modified and it work. BTW based on the info, the image you made with exoboot is not selfbootable therefore it would show a big cd on the screen.

OP
lone_wolf

lone_wolf

Cid said:
Why don't you try a fresh bios? Sometime the bios does that to me as well. All I did was to replace it with a new one that Chankast hasn't modified and it work. BTW based on the info, the image you made with exoboot is not selfbootable therefore it would show a big cd on the screen.

huh??? how can I tell if it's self boot or not? hmm if I extract the bios from a zip file is that the one that's "fresh"

Cid

lone_wolf said:
huh??? how can I tell if it's self boot or not? hmm if I extract the bios from a zip file is that the one that's "fresh"

Yep, the "fresh" one is the one in the zip. Most of the time if the there is a cd picture, then it is not selfbootable. See pic.

I did try exoboot with my cd. It seem that Rival School 2 is one of those game where it won't boot properly with exoboot. The echelon intro show up but then it get back to the bios screen. So stick with the image that you got from the net.