What's new

KERNEL32.DLL, dumbest file ever

Tempor

Whenever I start Dolphin and start a game, this appears:

dumbdumb.png

However, it is not due to the game itself. The game itself is corrected read as Nintendo Puzzle Collection
Tease.png

ADDED: I tried both commercial and homebrew games, but none of them work.

ADDED AGAIN: Really, not the problem with my GCM. I get the error message even with the configuration wizard

3RD TIME EDITING:
My Spec
Card: GeForce2 MX400
CPU: P4 1.8GHz
RAM: 256 MB
Pagefile: 764MB
DLL file used: Official KERNEL32.DLL that comes with Windows 2003. I also tried that came with XP.

Last edited:
has anyone tested Dolphin on Server 2003? ... you also can't use the Windows XP KERNEL32.DLL file in Server 2003 ... Server 2003 will replace it with it's own.

OP
T

Tempor

SoberAnalyst said:
has anyone tested Dolphin on Server 2003? ... you also can't use the Windows XP KERNEL32.DLL file in Server 2003 ... Server 2003 will replace it with it's own.
I also tried in Windows XP Pro, and I failed!

Maybe it's due to my hardware...?

JinXD

Tempor said:
I also tried in Windows XP Pro, and I failed!

Maybe it's due to my hardware...?
Your hardware should be able to run it. When you say you've tried it with XP, do you mean you have made a clean install of XP and then tried it?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
This problem is all over the friggin' net. Not only with XP, I've also seen it with ME, and possible other OSes as well. Microsoft's website contains no information about it.
It also seems the API MakeCriticalSectionGlobal is a private api exported from the kernel and thus not documented on microsoft's site.

I don't know what the hell it is, nor how it can be solved...

OP
T

Tempor

Well, after upding DirectX, it runs! (not really update, install DX9 over DX9)

And it still can't run games... for Animal Crossing, the Nintendo logo just flash once and that's it.

Last edited:

IceWarm

Tempor said:
And it still can't run games... for Animal Crossing, the Nintendo logo just flash once and that's it.

That is why it is called a "Teaser" release. The only game that can be fully played on the Teaser is Bust-A-Move 3000.

OP
T

Tempor

IceWarm said:
That is why it is called a "Teaser" release. The only game that can be fully played on the Teaser is Bust-A-Move 3000.
I don't expect I can play games. This doesn't have any extra features like cheats, save states, even screen capture. So, it won't differ too much from playing directly on GC.