What's new

Physics Engine Chosen For Duke Nukem Forever(Downloadable Physics Demos)

IceWarm

A Physics engine has been chosen for Duke Nukem Forever. I really don't care and don't expect them to even finish the game. However the company that is doing the physics has a package of several cool physics demos to mess around with. Check out the article here:

*link removed*

You can download the physics demos from the download tab at the top of the page.

OP
IceWarm

IceWarm

Box Stack is my favorite of the demos. It is fun to take a block and then throw it at the rest of the blocks to see how they react. Also removing one brick at a time like Jenga is fun too. :)

OP
IceWarm

IceWarm

You can also go into the data folder and edit the code for some of the demos. This is pretty cool because you can get a view of the code to see how it works.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
That's one sweet ass physics engine. Thanks for the info. :happy:

edit: holy fecking hell.. this has to be the single most advanced physics engine ever..

Last edited:

-Shadow-

Banned
Then it must be true , they just frozen the work on the game to port it to the Doom ³ engine .

I 've read an interviev in a magazine where the ID guy said that they're making gread advance with the doom³ engine when the reporter asked him if DN-F can be forgotten .

I couldn't believe that wasn't a hoax , but now i think it's true !

Powerlord

Evil Emperor
The "Forever" part of the title is describing how long it will take them to complete the game.

No wait, that can't be right, because Duke Nukem 3D took more than 3 days...

Powerlord

Evil Emperor
The fact that it took them this long to choose a physics engine is a clue as to how long it will take for the rest of the game to come out. ;)

-Shadow-

Banned
Walter said:
y is the link removed i wANTED 2 PLAY THE GAME BUT SAYS LINKJ REMOVDE

Damn kiddie, please...

(If that image offends anyone, it wasn't on purpose.)
Image removed by moderator

Last edited by a moderator:

Cyberman

Shadow

-Shadow- said:
Damn kiddie, please...

(If that image offends anyone, it wasn't on purpose.)
  1. I'm not offended.
  2. This is a programing forum, an Image attachment might make sense if it was related to the thread AND programming it is NOT.
  3. I'm sure people do dumb things often enough, how else will they learn? (If they learn)
This is why I removed it, nothing against you, it just contributed nothing to the thread or forum (save perhaps might be considered telling the person to go kill themselves).

I haven't heard much about DN Forever hmmm I had too much fun playing the atomic addition on my Linux box recently though.

Cyb

Last edited: